Does anyone have a portable auto lift?

Thanks, I need to figure out if the lowest point on the car will clear 3 inches. I think it will but I better make sure. You say it held up without dropping, was that on the safety lock or not? Are there multiple lock positions or just one at the fully raised height? Has anyone ran into a cheaper non power version? I don't mind it taking longer to lift since it's primarily for storage purposes.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
What do these things go for and would one be suitable for getting a 2800lb car off it's wheels for winter storage so the tires flat spot less? I don't have a bunch of room to get a floor jack around the car. How much clearance do these need under the car? The car I'm thinking about one for is a little low. It's about one flat squirrel tall at the lowest.

If that's all it's for, there are much cheaper solutions. I think these go for ~$1200. For far less you could just get some wheel dollies that would prevent flat spotting.

I keep thinking about a quickjack, but at some point I'll be looking into a 4 post and then I really wouldn't need one.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just got my 5000ext Quickjack. Haven't tried it yet but I did get it put together and will try it out tomorrow. So far, nice packing to get it to me safe, Easy assembly instructions and easy operation with lift blocks. Will return after some use.

You will love it, buy the 'pinch weld' lift blocks if your working on unibody cars though!

I wrecked two of my blocks normal blocks on pinch welds before calling them about it.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I'm in the process upgrading my IRS, and installing a return style fuel system. My quick jack has made things easier.
f24a603efc38963a9043e815604f76cf.jpg
e59d86f4673291b5de811624d848fdd2.jpg

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Thanks [MENTION=126]Dasfinc[/MENTION]. I actually bought a ZL1 Addon that actual attaches to the front pinch weld and makes a nice flat surface to lift from. The ZL1 is a "U" shaped metal piece. The rear of my car actual has a built in round lift point which works great too.
Had the car up in the air today and it worked great. It was a little freaky coming down the first time as it came down rather quick but after that it was fine. I do have to admit I still didn't feel comfortable getting under the car with this unit, it's being able to trust it. I threw my jackstands under the Quick jack just in case. A buddy and I swapped out my exhaust which is one piece from the CAT back, very awkward and heavy. I have two factory exhausts, one modified one stock. I will say, to me it was the Perfect height to work on. I was not claustrophobic as it was much higher than jack stands and with the QJ's on the edge of the car there was a lot of room for both of us to be under there. It was actually nice to work on the car. I really wish I had this when I had my GT500 as I did so much work on it on jack stands, added a picture of one of the cluster fucks I had when changing a UCA.
eb65e455024e44721b6a6701323ff719.jpg

Real happy so far. Only thing I wasn't keen on is I had to buy the "ext" edition since the Challengers jack points were not reachable with the standard QJ. These things are heavy and not easily maneuverable and storing them will be a pain until I build or add some hooks. Here are some pics, I tried to add a video but I can't through Tapatalk. Kind of hard to really tell how high it got but it's up there.
5380293b2c505c8f9fe4094826fbea00.jpg
5f390d057fbec4521334bd119bb3de8f.jpg
e3a568daf3eacc4bf7960e858f0b1a6c.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Honestly it took me alittle bit to get comfortable laying underneath car on lift. But I have had zero issues that have no had me trust in the lift. Every time I start to raise car I always give it a good rock and it feels very stable. I did have to use a jack stand under front kmember after removing IRS and fuel system it seemed lift the car was way front heavy. I really enjoy this lift, I feel safe, and it is very well built.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just an update post; I continue to use my Quick-Jack BLX 5000 several times a week, and it continues to be flawless and easy to use.

I DO wish it felt a little more stable with the SUV 'lifting posts' in place, but it is DEAD stable with cars on the blocks.

Specifically sitting on the 'second lock', I can comfortably navigate around under any car easily while on a crawler.

mrgreystone

Feb 22, 2019
My garage is really small for 4 post car lift, how many inches does the quick jack move the car to the front/back between up and down?
That garage the floor is tilted some, when I let go of parking brake car would slide back slowly, not very slowly it's more than slow actually. Noticed a decent amount of difference in coolant level when I park it on leveled ground. Don't use quickjack in that garage or a little tilt in the ground is ok?

Last edited:

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
He's also asking about the swing in the lift. Kinda like a regular jack where as you lift up, it pulls backwards. Or does it truly lift straight up.

Yes this is a cantilever style lift as it will move the car front or back depending on positioning of lift about 6ā€. So keep that in mind when using with garage door open and not being able to close door and you have all the brakes and wheels off and itā€™s a total mess now!! Happened to a friend I heard.....

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info