Does anyone have a portable auto lift?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I've never seen anything like this before:

https://www.eagleequip.com/product/...Z_mSFSZOD-6HImVP0zqCihCtzhqaV5e4sRRoC_A_w_wcB

PettyMobileMan-037-500.png

E_MobileMan_01_540x543.png

#eaglestacks

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
MaxJax are on my list for my place as I have the width but don't have the height for a full lift of the car anyways.

MaxJax Install - Concrete too thin! - The Garage Journal Board

This guy went ham restructuring the concrete but it gives you an idea that it can be done at least.

That is an amazing garage build. That guy did some great work and made that space awesome. WANT.

That is a really cool lift. I like how portable it is. I feel that the garage space would need to be decent to take advantage of that, but maybe not. It looks like it might end up around the middle of the drive shaft, so motor and transmission work could be accomplished. I am still swinging off of the maxjax

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
My issue with number 2 is the concrete... My garage floor has cracks and it is from 59 so I do not know the quality of the thickness of the floor. Also my driveway is asphalt so I could not use it outside.

Drill a test hole in a corner to see how thick it is. Mine was 4.5 inches where I drilled for the inside post and 5.5 inches where I drilled for the outside post. Mine house was built in 2001 though.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Drill a test hole in a corner to see how thick it is. Mine was 4.5 inches where I drilled for the inside post and 5.5 inches where I drilled for the outside post. Mine house was built in 2001 though.

I previously drilled a test hole in the middle... and it was not encouraging, I'd have to drill a lot of holes to feel comfortable. I also have 3 major cracks in the slab as the concrete heaved near the door.

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
#1 seems like the best compromise, otherwise a proper 2 post is the only real way to go.

#1 allows you full work on the suspension and full access to the under of the car. Add a creeper and a short stool and you should easily be able to comfortably navigate any project. Also takes up the least amount of space.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What pisses me off, is when I dumped Photobucket a year ago and went to Imgur, I didn't put all the photos I had from PB onto Imgur, some of those were pics of my lift.

I have a Bend-Pak HD9-ST. It is a 9,000 pound, 4-post lift. The ST is a narrower version to fit inside of most garages. It is a "free-standing" lift and can have the dolly's like someone else posted here on theirs, HOWEVER, I too was a little leery of it not being securely anchored to the ground, so my father-in-law and I drilled into the concrete and anchored it.

Unfortunately West Chicago wouldn't let me lift the ceiling of the garage to accomodate the maximum lift height of the lift, but it is enough to roll under it sitting upright.

For bigger vehicles, like my Suburban, I have an air powered "bumper lift" (I actually lift by the frame minf you, NOT the bumper). You can see it supporting the front of the Suburban (you can also see one of the posts of the lift in the garage), and I have jack stands under the back.

F2wJH2N.jpg

I'll have to upload some when I'm home.

Did find this of the GTO on the lift, looks like I had it all back together after I installed the Monster Level 4, the FLT street performer T56, single piece driveshaft and rear u-joint conversion, and I just needed to re-fit the exhaust.

0fwGvc3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info