Does anyone have a portable auto lift?

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Hmmmm interesting. My main reason for not going with a MaxJax was at full height it's still to low to stand under but to high to lay on a creeper. It's really nice for wheel and brake work. Plus I wasn't a huge fan of the main support of the lift being the quality of the concrete.

I use a rolling stool or a pad and just kneel when I work under the car. It's not as good as standing but it's FAR better than a creeper where you can't get any leverage on anything. To this day I haven't heard of anyone having a MaxJax fail because of the concrete. It's rated to 6000lbs on a 4 inch slab but I bet it could hold 10,000.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Bringing this thread back from the dead;

About 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a QuickJack as my Birthday present from my wife to myself.
[MENTION=12096]CobraSki03[/MENTION] how are you liking yours? Reasonably easy to move around?

img_1804_2.jpg

[MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] did you ever pull the trigger on one?

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates

About 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a QuickJack as my Birthday present from my wife to myself.
[MENTION=12096]CobraSki03[/MENTION] how are you liking yours? Reasonably easy to move around?

img_1804_2.jpg

I love it!!! I have used it a bunch of times and no issues what so ever. I was trying to post a video of the lift in action, if you PM me your cell I will send you a video.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates

img_1804_2.jpg

sorry didnt read you asked about moving it around.....

So I store mine along side my garage and stack each lift on top of one another. I mounted the pump to wall in garage and the hoses disconnect easy with the quick connect fittings and dont leak which is a plus. Only thing I have had to do was check the air pressure and maybe add 1psi to cylinders as that is what help lower the lift. I ended up buying the rubber blocks that have the cut out for the pinch welds as lifting car at the frame was alittle in the way of the exhaust, so moving out towards pinch welds solved that. I left car up on lift for one week zero issues, and the locking bars really seems sturdy and strong. I was alittle nervous getting under car at first but after lifting to first safety lock and pushing side of car and checking for stability that quickly went away.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
sorry didnt read you asked about moving it around.....

So I store mine along side my garage and stack each lift on top of one another. I mounted the pump to wall in garage and the hoses disconnect easy with the quick connect fittings and dont leak which is a plus. Only thing I have had to do was check the air pressure and maybe add 1psi to cylinders as that is what help lower the lift. I ended up buying the rubber blocks that have the cut out for the pinch welds as lifting car at the frame was alittle in the way of the exhaust, so moving out towards pinch welds solved that. I left car up on lift for one week zero issues, and the locking bars really seems sturdy and strong. I was alittle nervous getting under car at first but after lifting to first safety lock and pushing side of car and checking for stability that quickly went away.

The pinch weld blocks aren't even forsale yet on QuickJacks website? I assume you bought them from someone else? Link?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So my sales video worked???? lol

Haha; Actually I have been kicking the idea around for like a year, and [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] pushed me to finally get myself something a little bigger for my Birthday this year since My birthday last year I basically ended up not getting much of anything due to needing to replace her phone. I just needed that last push of someone else having had a positive experience basically. Their reviews in general are excellent, and the few bad ones I saw had them step in to try and make it right.

I work on enough cars still that I feel it will 'pay for itself' so to speak, but lifting the Mustang specifically is a HUGE bitch, so this will make working on it exceptionally easier.

I also want to do a Body lift and Manual Xfer case conversion on the Explorer (along with fixing whatever its leaking, which will likely require dropping the trans). All of which will be VASTLY easier and safer with the QuickJack, and realistically paying a shop to deal with the leak and Xfer case conversion alone means the lift may very well pay for itself on that front.

Long-Haul, I plan on racing the Mustang at some other events and eventually bring the Ranger back home to continue working on that so this will be nice to have.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, Imgur is where everyone went. I left photobucket a year or so ago when they changed their storage policies. One picture filled up my available space, much less the 6,000 I had, so I gave them the middle finger as did a lot of other people. Won't be long before they're another place like MySpace that used to own their portion of the intertubez, but fucked it up because of greed or other means.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Welp; lets try Imgur hosting.

I finally assembled all my fittings and used my QuickJack BLX-5000 for the first time!

It lifted my explorer like it was nothing, and even with the SUV lift 'extensions' felt reasonably solid, and didn't feel sketchy while wailing on various brake parts with a sledge while up in the air.

5vGTRWG.jpg

pTKOlqh.jpg

What do these things go for and would one be suitable for getting a 2800lb car off it's wheels for winter storage so the tires flat spot less? I don't have a bunch of room to get a floor jack around the car. How much clearance do these need under the car? The car I'm thinking about one for is a little low. It's about one flat squirrel tall at the lowest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info