chicagoland driving events dates

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
:rofl: You own a $100k+ car and you're crying about $1k/day insurance? You'll probably only go to a couple track days anyways. Your logic is drunk.

Oh, one of those, if you can afford the car you can afford every single thing that goes with it logics? The R8 costs about 5k per year in depreciation, probably depreciates less than half the new cars bought on TCG. Doesn't make it smart to blow 1k on insurance for a few hours on a track when I can throw a WRX on there for a fraction of the cost.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yea, that WRX will totally be just as fun, you're right. I'll leave you alone now before you flood the area with your tears of agony, struggling to pay the bills whilst owning a car that cost more than my house :rofl:

I'm not hatin' on the car, just hatin' on your logic. BTW, it's $1000/day to insure my s2000 on the track as well, $8000 if I want a "bundle" of 9 track days/year subscription. That's why I go to tracks that I can't crash my car at. This is normal people logic, cause I can't afford to crash mine either, even if it costs 1/4 of your "cheap" car.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Where did I say the WRX will be just as fun? I think it'll be fun enough for the price of admission. Don't worry, I'm not struggling to pay any bills.

Because you're OK with spending 1k per track session on insurance doesn't mean I'm ok with it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
This is 100% Turk. Blames it on insurance money, but he's just scared.

(click)

LOL. It would be pretty bad to take the R8 out there and get wrecked by a Cayman. It's quite possible too, I'm no Mario Andretti. I can pilot a Go-Cart as well as an elderly asian woman in a beige Camry so I'm not expecting much better on a real road course.

Thread Info