chicagoland driving events dates

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I still enjoy both but doing Gingerman in the Lumina is the highlight of my car experiences really. So much fun.

Autocross is still great. It taught me a lot about car control at lower speeds, controlling body roll and using it for my advantage, and you learn a lot about the car, what it needs and what is good

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Autocross is fun. It shouldn't be compared in any way to an open track day though.

Autocross seems to be hit or miss depending on what group or club you run with. WCMC seems to get the most runs in compared to others. I usually get 12-14 runs in a day. Otherwise it's still a good time hanging out with other car guys and checking out all of the different cars that show up. It's not the worst way to spend a saturday.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I still enjoy both but doing Gingerman in the Lumina is the highlight of my car experiences really. So much fun.

Autocross is still great. It taught me a lot about car control at lower speeds, controlling body roll and using it for my advantage, and you learn a lot about the car, what it needs and what is good

bring that lumina and the body roll out to gingerman then :jg:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
bring that lumina and the body roll out to gingerman then :jg:
Wish I still had her. And that she wasn't soo rusty. I will have one again someday

I can't believe he took it to Gingerman to be honest :rofl: He shut my ass up when he showed up with that car.

:rofl: I was afraid the trans was going to blow for sure. But she held her own. I remember going down the back stretch and an M3 mustve been heat soaked or something cause I he was trying to pass me and we were running side by side. I finally just got out of it early.

And the best part was when we all got backed up and I was in the back of a 10 car line following everyone. What an adrenalin rush.

Goddamn I need to go back :tear:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Much higher speeds and temps on open circuit.

yeah, not the best of pictures - but my tires and brakes never looked like this after an autocross

11885352_10102871920006389_43473082966815400_n.jpg

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I've done a few AutoX events and I'd say its generally been a fun experience. Yea you stand around on a parking lot all day getting your ass sunburned, and then they make you work a corner, fixing cones and calling penalties via walkie talkie. You do get to meet some cool people with cool rides who are generally open to giving you advice, taking you for rides or sitting shotgun and coaching you. Each time around my lap time would improve.

Anyhow I'm down to try out an open track day this season on a legit course. I'm sick of always losing to miata's, s2ks and other random fwd cars. On a bigger track the tables will deffinetely be turned. :smile:

242722_10150645251100627_7014045_o.jpg

Thread Info