TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
maxresdefault.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Are you talking design? or are you talking about quality of components?And that is a subjective matter.

If first (design), Aesthetically, I like the Cadillac better than either of those two above it.

If you're talking about the second (quality), then that's what, $20k, $30k, or more gets you.

This is something the Johan is trying to address too.

Design, quality of materials, and execution are lacking in the Cadillac. The interior of Cadillacs is 2 generations behind the Germans in terms of fit and finish. Hence why I stated above that Cadillac either needs to step their game up or undercut the competition significantly on price.

Plus we can devote an entire thread to Cadillac's poor infotainment system.

Johan isn't working on crap. That guy just blows smoke up the execs rear. He will shuffle some names around and then jump ship just like he did in his previous gig with Infiniti.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Design, quality of materials, and execution are lacking in the Cadillac. The interior of Cadillacs is 2 generations behind the Germans in terms of fit and finish. Hence why I stated above that Cadillac either needs to step their game up or undercut the competition significantly on price.

Plus we can devote an entire thread to Cadillac's poor infotainment system.

Johan isn't working on crap. That guy just blows smoke up the execs rear. He will shuffle some names around and then jump ship just like he did in his previous gig with Infiniti.

I thought many reviewers liked the interior of the CT6 when it came out?

As to the Cue system...

i thought gm's infotainment wasn't all that bad

Agreed, most of the newer vehicles with CUE (which isn't being called CUE anymore), have seen favorable/positive results.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I thought responded about CUE. Guess it got lost. The actual software and user interface isn’t bad. It’s how you interact that’s complete trash. Capacitive controls that are hit or miss whether they work, a piano black faceplate that’s a magnet for fingerprints and the same cheap flimsy stack in a $100,000 CTS-V as a $30,000 ATS. The CT6 is a little better, but has the same fundamental problems. Give me a damn volume knob and real buttons.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
The powertrain sounds great.

The problem with Caddy is they price their cars with the Germans, but they should be priced lower to attract buyers. Their design language is DATED and they still haven't learned how to build a competitive interior.

what was the name of that idiot that took over cadillac and stated "well we are builing cadillacs, not affordable cars" or some other equally stupid statement.
CTS sales are way down because cadillac started pricing themselves out of a market they were trying to get into.
so stupid.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
what was the name of that idiot that took over cadillac and stated "well we are builing cadillacs, not affordable cars" or some other equally stupid statement.
CTS sales are way down because cadillac started pricing themselves out of a market they were trying to get into.
so stupid.

Johan de Nysschen-The guy is clueless. He's one of those execs that blows smoke upward and the CEO and board believes it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
NEW YORK — Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen bluntly shot down rumors his brand's powerful twin-turbo V8 is also headed for the Chevy Corvette. Speaking Wednesday at the New York Auto Show, he said: "Just quit the speculation it's headed for Corvette. It's not."

The 4.2-liter V8 cranks out 550 horsepower and 627 pound-feet of torque in the Cadillac CT6 V-Sport, which debuted at the show. With that kind of performance and the fact the engine will be hand-built at the General Motors Performance Build Center in Bowling Green, Ky. — at the Corvette factory — led enthusiasts to presume the engine would eventually be under the Vette's hood.

De Nysschen, however, argued the engine will also focus on levels of refinement, rather than the Corvette's raw, visceral dynamic. "I think Corvette wants a different kind of character," he said.

In fact, the V8 is set to be only for Cadillacs, de Nysschen said, giving the luxury brand its first exclusive engine in years. "It's a matter of being a thoroughbred luxury car," he said. "It's really only a luxury brand that could recoup this [development] cost."

A version of the engine making 500 hp and 553 lb-ft will also be used in other Cadillac models. De Nysschen declined say which vehicle will get the engine next.

The new V8 uses a "Hot V" configuration more common to German performance cars, and has direct injection, electronic wastegate control, active-fuel management and stop-start technology. It teams with a 10-speed automatic transmission and fits either rear- or all-wheel drive systems.

With a new mid-engine Corvette — and potentially more versions of the existing generation Vette — on the horizon, speculation pointed to the sports car getting a twin-turbo powerplant of some sort (V6 rumors also have floated), and the Cadillac 4.2-liter seemed to fit on paper. According to de Nysschen, that won't be the case.

Still, even though the Cadillac boss says this specific engine won't go to Corvette, it's hard to not think some version of this engine, perhaps in a different displacement, could find its way under the hood of the Vette at some point in the future.

intertasting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info