Cadillac CT6 V Sport - 550hp / 627tq

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Exactly. Just because you have a big stick doesn't mean you walk around with it hanging out all the time. Well, maybe if I had a pron stick I would, but the point still stands.

You're catering to a demographic that wants luxury performance. They don't want flaring nostrils, wild air dams/chin spoilers, wild colors, park bench wings, and exhaust tips as big as their wheels...

The one thing I love about my STS, is most people completely don't expect it to move out, then when they come up on the short end of the stick...

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Powertrain is very nice . TT V8 , AWD and 10speed auto FTW . However , car looks kind of bland for the price .

The powertrain sounds great.

The problem with Caddy is they price their cars with the Germans, but they should be priced lower to attract buyers. Their design language is DATED and they still haven't learned how to build a competitive interior.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The powertrain sounds great.

The problem with Caddy is they price their cars with the Germans, but they should be priced lower to attract buyers. Their design language is DATED and they still haven't learned how to build a competitive interior.

All of these things.

This engine looks insane though. I think more than balls to the walls performance they're looking to go for the Bentley-esque huge power numbers that allow for effortless, buttery smooth acceleration. And if that's what you end up getting, it can be a game changer for them.

Of course, I look at this and if ultimate power/ luxury is the end goal I think the best way Cadillac could capture more market share is by going electric in it's sedans. Nothing is quieter, smoother or torquey-er than an electric motor.

GM clearly hasn't gotten the message that they need to undercut the Germans to entice buyers. And they haven't gotten the message that if they're not going to do that they need to build a substantially better product. So electrification seems like a good way to differentiate yourself so that people aren't making apples to apples comparisons of your product to the Germans and wondering why they'd ever buy a CT6.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You guys all keep saying Cadillac needs to undercut the Germans in pricing, OK...

As I posted above, I built out my 2018 CTS-V last night just to see if I could get it over the $100k hurdle and I did. $104,720.

That's a lot of scratch no matter how you slice it. However, what does a comparably equipped, comparable performance BMW M5 cost? My guess, well north of $104,720! I bet the BASE price of the Beemer is around what the fully optioned CTS-V is! Start tacking on those options...

And before you ask, just drag that M5 through every option package you can tick off. That's what I did for the CTS-V.

I would think when one starts pricing out a fully loaded CT6 V-sport vs. the German luxo-liners with comparable performance, you'll still see the significant price gap and the Caddy still undercutting them. I think the real issue here, is the mental perception of a Cadillac asking that kind of money to begin with.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
OK, just went out and built my Marina Blue 2018 M5
$128,800

That's a $24,000 difference or "undercut".

Enough to where if I bought the CTS-V, I could throw it in the garage and go buy a higher mileage "beater" G8 GT with that $24k. Shit, with enough time to search, maybe even a high mileage G8 GXP as a "beater".

Anyway, again, I would expect comparable CT6 vs. 7-Series and S-Class vehicles to have the same level of "undercut".

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
OK, just went out and built my Marina Blue 2018 M5
$128,800

That's a $24,000 difference or "undercut".

Enough to where if I bought the CTS-V, I could throw it in the garage and go buy a higher mileage "beater" G8 GT with that $24k. Shit, with enough time to search, maybe even a high mileage G8 GXP as a "beater".

Anyway, again, I would expect comparable CT6 vs. 7-Series and S-Class vehicles to have the same level of "undercut".

M5 is $24K because you have chosen options that aren't even available on the V. I bet it's around 10K difference with similar options . If I'm paying $100K for a car then extra $10 won't make much of a difference for what you get over the V . I wouldn't have problems paying $10K extra for a car that's wears BMW badge over Cadillac and has performance on another level . V will get rapped by M5 on the street , bus lengths from a dig . M5 has AWD and it traps 8-10 mph more then V

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Actually, what I think you might find is that BMW has two or three trim packages that the Cadillac may list as individual options. There weren't a lot of individual options on the BMW.

Putting aside color combos though...

- Sunroof, which both have upgrade options on
- Entertainment systems, which both have upgrade options on
- Wheel packages, which both have upgrade options on
- Brake caliper trim/color options, which both had an upgrade on

and a few others I'm probably forgetting. Now one could go back and nickel and dime each additional feature and argue which has what and which doesn't, but you're not slumming it in either, at the end of the day I went and drug each car through the available option "garden" that each had available and those prices what I come up with. It's not like I picked and chose things to my liking. I said "CMNT is a baller and I want it all...!"

Yes, BMW had an optional set of choices for the faux carbon fiber dash treatment the Cadillac doesn't. But the Cadillac has a dizzying amount of Bluetooth options, cargo options, and other things. 6 of one, half dozen of the other...

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I think the real issue here, is the mental perception of a Cadillac asking that kind of money to begin with.

And (personally) I think that's because once you're north of 100K you expect interiors and quality like this:

p90273039_highres_0.jpg

2018-Mercedes-AMG-E63-S-front-interior-02.jpg

Instead of this:

2017_cadillac_cts-v_carbon_black_7_1600x1200.jpg

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Are you talking design? or are you talking about quality of components?And that is a subjective matter.

If first (design), Aesthetically, I like the Cadillac better than either of those two above it.

If you're talking about the second (quality), then that's what, $20k, $30k, or more gets you.

This is something the Johan is trying to address too.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Are you talking design? or are you talking about quality of components?And that is a subjective matter.

If first (design), Aesthetically, I like the Cadillac better than either of those two above it.

If you're talking about the second (quality), then that's what, $20k, $30k, or more gets you.

This is something the Johan is trying to address too.

well, you also like the cadillac better cuz you nutswing GM you must admit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info