Best Budget Steak Houses in Chicago/Suburb Area

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
Really depends what kind of steak you are after! I've had amazing skirt steak at Mexican spots, and really good filets at normal neighborhood Italian places. Strip steak at breakfast spots, or amazing steak sammmiches at hole in the wall counter shops.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
Honestly one of the best steaks I've had recently was from Marianos. The wife and I both got steaks, couple sides and beers all for around $40. Not all Marianos have the option to cook steaks to order, but the local one in Westchester does. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap date night out.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Honestly one of the best steaks I've had recently was from Marianos. The wife and I both got steaks, couple sides and beers all for around $40. Not all Marianos have the option to cook steaks to order, but the local one in Westchester does. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap date night out.

thats interesting....I've heard of that.....will consider that next time out

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So, Capital grille and you're spending $250 for two people? The fuq are you buying?

Looks like the highest entree is about $48, so, that's $96 or so. Add two drinks each, maybe about $35, plus dessert and tip, I'd imagine you're at $165 or so.

dude... 250 would be super easy to hit there.

tuna tartare app for $19
2 cesar salads to start for 10 each = 20
strip for 46
ribeye for 52
brussel sprouts with bacon for a side (since the steaks dont have sides) 12
creme brulee 9
flourless cake 10
2x manhattan 46 15 = 30
2x pinot noirs @ 12 = 24

you're at $222 before tax.

245 with tax

293 with tip.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
dude... 250 would be super easy to hit there.

tuna tartare app for $19
2 cesar salads to start for 10 each = 20
strip for 46
ribeye for 52
brussel sprouts with bacon for a side (since the steaks dont have sides) 12
creme brulee 9
flourless cake 10
2x manhattan 46 15 = 30
2x pinot noirs @ 12 = 24

you're at $222 before tax.

245 with tax

293 with tip.

Must be some hungry ass fucking people if you're getting an appetizer to share, a salad each, an entree with sides, dessert, followed by two drinks each.

Even when I went to Weber grill with my wife and we each got $60 steaks (just to try, never going again), an appetizer, two beers for me and dessert with a tip, we were under $200 out the door.

Same thing when we went to Shula's and the entree's were both over $50, $15 for a side, $20 for an appetizer and two drinks we were nowhere near $293. LOL

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
lol. k?

hungry ass people.

it's a steak dinner with an appetizer to share, a steak, a side to share, dessert and two drinks? I'm more shocked you think that's excessive

:bowrofl:

Did you see what you posted?

You posted an appetizer, two salads, two entrees, four drinks, TWO DESSERTS.

Wife and I have NEVER gotten that much food and I eat a LOT. Typically an appetizer to share, two entrees, two drinks and one dessert.

Then again, we're not ballers and like to keep our meals below $100 unless it is a one-time thing.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
OMG WE EACH HAD OUR OWN DESSERT

I'M SUCH A HEATHEN

I MUST BE 452 POUNDS

You listed an appetizer, two salads, four drinks, two desserts, two entrees and sides for the entrees. That's a lot of food.

You must have a hard-on for me as you always take apart my posts, constantly try to point out my opinion is invalid and argue it in many threads.

Pretty sure we've only "met" once when you were driving toward Wauconda/volot on Rand/59 in your turbo GTP when I was in my blown 3V years back. Other than that, not sure what your deal is.

My wife and I go out to enjoy food, not leave the restaurant utterly full. I sincerely apologize if I think buying two of everything for a meal that is already expensive is excessive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info