Best Budget Steak Houses in Chicago/Suburb Area

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Another place I think would qualify as budget friendly steak place would be Fire + Wine in downtown Glen Ellyn. It isn't cheap, but not super expensive either. But they do a steak very well. Everything I have had there is great. Drinks included.

www.fireandwine.net
This place is fantastic and it's only draw back is no reservations.

Filet's are outstanding and the Hanger steak really surprised me as well.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'll go once every few months and get a good filet. Then usually twice a year we hit up a Brazilian Steak House and just engorge ourselves so we get every dollar worth. I like to work on my quality heart disease in small increments. I'll work on the crappy quality heart disease at home on a regular basis :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: radioguy6

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I need to check out Ki's since it's close to my new place.

Not a steakhouse, but the gf and I went to Avanzare Italian restaurant in Lombard on Roosevelt about a week ago. The food was great and it seemed relatively cheap. More of an older crowd and not the trendiest atmosphere, but we will definitely go back.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I'll go once every few months and get a good filet. Then usually twice a year we hit up a Brazilian Steak House and just engorge ourselves so we get every dollar worth. I like to work on my quality heart disease in small increments. I'll work on the crappy quality heart disease at home on a regular basis :ROFLMAO:

Fogo de Chao is a good one. I like to go after a long fast and leave with the meat sweats. Usually skip the salad bar, and keep those addicting rolls they put out to a min. Maximum meatttttttt ?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Fogo de Chao is a good one. I like to go after a long fast and leave with the meat sweats. Usually skip the salad bar, and keep those addicting rolls they put out to a min. Maximum meatttttttt ?
We've been doing either Chama Gaucha (Downers Grove) or Texas de Brazil. For the few days prior to going I'll drink a LOT of water to expand out the stomach. If I fast, I'll barely eat anything at the restaurant, and then get a massive headache when I do, thanks to the blood sugar levels dropping.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
We've been doing either Chama Gaucha (Downers Grove) or Texas de Brazil. For the few days prior to going I'll drink a LOT of water to expand out the stomach. If I fast, I'll barely eat anything at the restaurant, and then get a massive headache when I do, thanks to the blood sugar levels dropping.

and you'll be well hydrated for the sodium spike. Texas de brazil is not bad either, been a while for me. Heard good things about Chama Gaucha, will have to try someday. I always get a laugh when they ask if we want desert at the end.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Have you ever hit up Brazil express in Schaumburg? It's a little less expensive than TDB.

Salad bar is smaller but meat is very similar to TDB.

Reactions: radioguy6

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anyone try Cattlemens in Algonquin? We go there a lot, more for Sunday breakfast. Dam their dinners are good. Steaks are on point.

snap diggggity

not a traditional steakhouse by any means but throwing down with prime meats.... that's awesome

1660303720256.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info