6.0 powerstroke preventative maintenence

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] , I would explain about your suspension woes . Or maybe it was your hubs ?

Op , if there is any chance , try to find out when the last high pressure pump was replaced or if the injectors have already been done . Also would check for oil around the c.a.c clamps. And check to see what the coolant looks like or smells .

The other easy way to see if you getting any glow plug draw is to watch the gauge on the dash at key on engine off . Or go check right off the battery with an voltmeter . It will pull the voltage down. You won't know the amperage , but you'll see a voltage drop . This would be best in cold Temps to see though.

Still has the original HPOP and injectors. They cleaned the engine bay, but the lower coupler on the passenger side showed some oil. The coolant is clean. It was flushed a year ago. I'll still flush it and put in a filter.

But, we are still a ways apart on prices, so IDK if this will happen.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Ha. I always thought the 6leaker referred to the head gaskets.

So, I guess until it would need studs put in, I should forget about fixing any oil leaks. Can the bed plate seals be fixed without pulling the motor or the cab?

Also, does the trans need pulled to replace the rear main?

the bedplate is the entire lower half of the engine. its what holds the crankshaft in, so no, it has to be motor out repair. lol

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
this is a 6.4 that I pulled apart, but its the same design

DDdkYEG.jpg

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
I got a 6.0 reviva in my bay right now with two broken c rods . When I get it out I'll take pictures from below .

Out of all the oil leaks , I think the most I've seen is the oil cooler base leaking .

Another big problem is the egr cooler failing . So much heat through that thing . And also the egr valve getting so dirty.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I got a 6.0 reviva in my bay right now with two broken c rods . When I get it out I'll take pictures from below .

Out of all the oil leaks , I think the most I've seen is the oil cooler base leaking .

Another big problem is the egr cooler failing . So much heat through that thing . And also the egr valve getting so dirty.

Exactly what happened to a reviva I put in last year. 6k later and 2 rods shot out. I blame it on them reusing rod bolts cause it was clear the heads stretched and let go

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

If we can make a deal, I would get a way to monitor eot vs ect to see if there are any obvious problems . But, I doubt I'd see much til next summer. I'm sure after 100k miles, it could use an oil cooler, and I would just do an egr delete at the same time.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I wouldn't even flush it. Do a drain and Fill on both the block and radiator, and install coolant filter. If you flush, more than likely you'll loosen up junk and clog cooler for sure. Install a filter and let it clean the coolant over the course of a year or so. Obviously monitor the deltas and see what they do over time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info