2017-2018 Chicago Bears Thread - Trubisky Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I am on the trubisky train...sooperbowl!
latest

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

Definitely looked better then Glennon!!!!!

Way more cool & collected then I expected, but as I said, way too early to judge anything!!!

Agreed. I would assume Glennon would have completed more than 2 passes. Only 8 attemts, but 2 of 8? Come on now.

Missed the game, but watched the highlights and plays. Trubisky actually looked pretty good. Only one preseason game, but still. When you take this seriously, and keep doing what you are doing, you will be a starter.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah. The only thing that matters is Trubisky looks like the real deal. He will be starting for the Bears sooner or later. Only question is when.
The kid looked pretty awesome, poised, accurate, mobile and made some good reads.
But before everyone starts jumping on the Trubisky bandwagon, lets remember a few things.
1. First PRE-SEASON game
2. Playing against 2nd and 3rd team defense for the Broncos
3. Broncos ran a very vanilla defense, a good HS QB could have read their defense last night.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Poised is a good word to use, the kid had it, Glennon did not.
Obviously trying too hard, and he should calm down when his nerves settle.
Again, the kid was much better then I expected.
I expected him to force his throws, and not hold it if there was nothing.
Good sign, but it's way too early!!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Bears picked up released TB Kicker Roberto Aguayo off waivers. Tampa moved up in the 2nd round last year to take this guy. Then he sucked his rookie year. Maybe a change of venue will get Aguayo back to the stellar kicker he was in college? Doesn't cost the Bears much to find out. Aguayo will compete with Connor Barth.

97% accuracy on kicks in college. Never missed an extra point in college. Rookie year in the NFL, he was the worst kicker in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFqozCdo-0

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ha Ha! Arizona tried a 63 yd field goal at the end of the half and Bears' WR Deonte Thompson ran it back 109 yds for a TD. Good way to make the team.

If you guys want to see Trubisky, he will be playing in the 2nd half. Bears kept Glennon in until he scored a TD to give him confidence. He's done for the game now.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I think we really need to manage our expectations regarding Trubisky. He has not been getting 1st team reps, in these pre-season games he's been going up against 2nd and 3rd string players. He has looked as solid, and hopefully could develop into a starting caliber player, but as an article I read this week. Let Glennon take the hits for the first 1/3 of the season (of which is one of the hardest in the NFL) and let Trubisky see and adjust to NFL 1st team speed. At some point in time, another NFL team may need a starting QB because of injury, Bears can ship off Glennon very easily. All of his guaranteed money was up front, and he's an attractive trade, because any team holds him for 2 years, with basically no guaranteed money. If you decide Glennon was a rental, and want to start Trubisky next year, whatever, try to get something out of trade from him, and hopefully performs well enough that he builds some trade stock. But don't set high expectations for getting much, Glennon is at best a below average starter and an above average backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info