2016 Ford Focus RS revealed

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The question/statement is if you spend 40k on this car you are a straight up fucking retard. If you spend more than 16k on this car you are the same thing as the 40k person IMO

The interior of the ST is a pretty nice place to be, and the hatchback makes it great as a daily driver. So its fun, extremely tossable, and quick enough to satisfy my daily driving. Its also economical and cheap on insurance.

The RS being AWD will take all of the things that make the ST great, and dial it up to 11. I expect stock they will be low to mid 13 second cars if AWD comes true. 12's on a tune. 11's with tune and bolt-ons.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
:rofl: another carrot dick mustang owner at it again

:carrot: :carter:

MUWFDDj.jpg

0GBlown

Regular
Oct 13, 2011
SouthEast
I don't see that. Mustang buyers will buy the Mustang. Hot Hatch people will buy the ST or RS. I don't see either eating into the market share.

As for price? I expect its going to start low to mid 30s. Ford should price it lower than the STi. Otherwise, new sales will go to the STi, pretty much the only remaining benchmark for AWD Hot Hatches. They should be using the price point to pull Subaru buyers away from Subaru. If they price it equal to the STi, then I don't see many sales.

If its priced higher than the STi, it'll flop.

man if they sell a base one of these around 26-28k this would the kill regular impreza wrx market

i was tempted to pick up a base focus st for 20k at the dealership but it was sold before i got a chance to check it out wouldnt mine gettin one of these to use for awhile before swappin to some v8 thingy

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Hmm. They said my 03 Cobra is a $16K car with a $20K drivetrain which is technically true. I still think it was worth it though.

No doubt your Cobra is worth it. Same theory as the Evo, WRX and STI, Renault 5 turbo, Renault Clio V6 Sport, Golf R, previous Focus RS', etc etc. Putting awesome drivetrains into compact/economy cars. It was the basis for the musclecars back in the 60's. Taking basically the smallest car the company made, and putting a huge V8 in it. The theory is still the same, it's just the execution that's different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info