2016 Ford Focus RS revealed

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So there you have it. National coverage of the issue. Now, maybe Ford will admit that there is an issue.

If my car wasn't already broken I would totally bringing that Jalopnik article to the dealer. "Look! Here's my car, in a Jalopnik article, smoking like a chimney. Can you please fix it now?"

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You'll be paying for anything related to parts for the clutch (Labor won't be charged as that is covered by R&R'ing the engine). Nothing failed from manufacturer defect and was operable when it came in. It is considered a normal wear item.

I didn't mean that ford was going to pay for a new clutch.

Just that since the old clutch needs to be transferred to the new engine, I can cut all the labor charge out of it like that and just pay for the new clutch disc.

I need to speak to someone more mechanically inclined as he wasn't sure if the clutch had to come off during the engine replacement. :bowrofl: I'm fairly positive Ford is not including new clutch assemblies on crate engines.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I didn't mean that ford was going to pay for a new clutch.

Just that since the old clutch needs to be transferred to the new engine, I can cut all the labor charge out of it like that and just pay for the new clutch disc.

I need to speak to someone more mechanically inclined as he wasn't sure if the clutch had to come off during the engine replacement. :bowrofl: I'm fairly positive Ford is not including new clutch assemblies on crate engines.

Cheap Ford is cheap. I'm assuming that the entire clutch and flywheel assembly will be transferred from the old engine, unless you told them you want a new clutch.

On a side note, this is absolutely crazy...sucks to hear. Hopefully you're getting the "updated" version of the head, gasket, block or whatever they fixed.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Cheap Ford is cheap. I'm assuming that the entire clutch and flywheel assembly will be transferred from the old engine, unless you told them you want a new clutch.

On a side note, this is absolutely crazy...sucks to hear. Hopefully you're getting the "updated" version of the head, gasket, block or whatever they fixed.

My flywheel threw a dowel pin, which then ventilated the trans soaking the clutch in transmission fluid. Ford corporate said I had to pay for a new clutch, as its a wearable item. They wouldn't budge on that until I had my attorney send them a letter.

Even the dealer and tech working on the car said it was BS.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
God damn.

24831109_2019050208340352_2414141157770036832_o.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info