1/2 mile INDY Air Strip Attack pictures and videos

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
First off, what oil do you run that it only costs you $30 for an oil change with a filter? lol I mean, in the past I bought Mobil 1 from Walmart when they had the gallon jugs on sale. But it wasn't that cheap.

How are they with warranty claims if you don't have the dealer do the recommended maintenance through them? I know early on reading they didn't like that. With proof of an indy shop doing the work or receipts for parts. Hopefully they are more accepting of that. I know one of the guys following this thread is really considering buying a GTR. I am sure he will want to stay with a warranty. But he is capable of doing fluid changes and what not. So curious what you have seen or heard as a GTR owner.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-...35&wl11=local&wl12=23636902&wl13=2062&veh=sem

car takes 5.5 qt so it's around $30 with filter .

Using non OEM Transmission oil is the only issue I have seen few times when Nissan didn't want to cover transmission failure .Nissan DCT trans oil is kind of expensive like $60 a quart , 8-9 quarts needed . even that's like $600 for every 30K miles . My car has been FBO E85 since pretty much new . These cars have 3 free POS services when new [1/2/3 year] . Dealer never gave me any issues doing my free POS service . I just told them what's done to it and told them don't touch anything ECU related..
BTW tell him to go with DBA instead of CBA car if he can do it

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Only 5.5 quarts? That surprises me. I am accustomed to 7-8 quarts on the Mustang & BMW. The 911 3.8L full empty is 12.5 quarts :rofl: So ya, I can see where 5.5 quarts means cheaper coil changes.

With the earlier trans issues and warranty claims, I would be sticking with the factory stuff too. But you use Amsoil? I know a lot of people like Amsoil fluids over factory fluids. And as you said, some of them are quite expensive per quart. That is cool the dealer seems to be good about the bolt-on stuff. They have to be used to people coming in with modded cars. This is an enthusiasts car after all.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Is this the c7z06 in the videos?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...ock-short-block-and-heads.html#post1597830482

Built by one of the best, kudos if it is.

Oh man I just checked the thread . I have no beef with anybody but it's pretty lame for a shop to be claiming that this vette went 185mph when everybody knows that the system was way off in the morning . I'm the one that told them their system is way off when my car went 176mph on the first pass but my Dragy box showed 161mph . 185mph vs 171-172mph is a pretty big difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7yNfZAvZs

Oh man I just checked the thread . I have no beef with anybody but it's pretty lame for a shop to be claiming that this vette went 185mph when everybody knows that the system was way off in the morning . I'm the one that told them their system is way off when my car went 176mph on the first pass but my Dragy box showed 161mph . 185mph vs 171-172mph is a pretty big difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7yNfZAvZs

Rpm says the car was 15mph faster than you.

Anyway, great runs and thanks for the pics and vids.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's a good thing it's not a drag race. It's a race for fastest MPH. An AWD car with launch control against a rwd car on a 20 inch tire. Also the gtr said he went 161 all weekend. The C7z went 185. So if that's what you mean by destroy then yes it got destroyed

giphy.gif

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Like I said I have no beef with anybody as the owner was a very cool guy but I wasn't the one asking for reruns . Straight out of owners mouth after the first race ''Fu..man it was a good race I was coming up hard on you but you won by like a car length , let's do it again'' I said hell yea , lets line them up again so we did 3 more times LOL . We were going to make a run #5 but they closed the staging lanes as it was almost 5pm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info