1/2 mile INDY Air Strip Attack pictures and videos

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I don’t think it is for the 6 speed auto, but I already have 2nd gear launch it leaves like a dog I think it’s faster spinning, how do they get it to stall to 3500 on the stock converter?

1st ive seen it was on a 10 speed 2018 so i called PBD and they said they believe they can do it but havnt offered it for the 6R80s yet.

Its getting to the point cars make plenty enough hp its getting them to launch and transmission tuning is where the magics going to be made LOL

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Edit. Ill drop my SCT X4 in an instant the second PBD or anyone else for that matter offers 2nd gear 3500 rpm launches for a 6R80.

I still plan on getting a stall to though. 5C absolutely has to be my next order.

3.73s or rear gear change still has me torn too.

Just need to get my wimpy little NA CJ leave as hard as possible.

What gears do you have? The car probably won’t make enough power to leave well in 2nd at any rpm n/a, first gear hooks up fine on my street tires at the track with stock suspension and 700+whp granted they are street ss’s

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
3.55s

I meant 2nd gear and holding 3500 rpm launch for a car like yours would help id think but maybe not because it was the A10 cars i 1st seen it used on. :dunno:

i realize i prolly dont need the 2nd gear launch but the 3500rpm launch would help on good tires.

Converter and learning how to get to launch is where i need to start.

Sorry thread derail.

As others said [MENTION=6366]95SC[/MENTION] and that dragy box he has hes got that setup figured out. The results sure speak for themselves!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I’d like to see Pratt’s German money pit take on this gtr. ASAP
I said somewhere already that this car would win at a drag strip. 1. Because it may leave harder than mine. Period. 2. Because I'll probably never leave balls to the wall with my car. I don't want to break anything really expensive. Lmao
Pratt laughs at me all the time
Oh stop.
I don’t think it is for the 6 speed auto, but I already have 2nd gear launch it leaves like a dog I think it’s faster spinning, how do they get it to stall to 3500 on the stock converter?
They probably limit the flow of fluid to the converter. Not a new technology but not one many people use.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Half of tcg just started to see where the price on a lightly used grt was for “research purposes”

They should check out the cost of maintenance as well. Edmonds said a new over 5 years would cost you the numbers below...

Maintenance -(year 1-5) $374 / $1,716 / $728 / $6,793 / $916 = $10,527
Repairs - (per year 1-5) $0 / $0 / $510 / $1,216 / $1,768 = $3,494

Year 4 probably includes a costly major service maintenance. I am sure once you mod the car and use it more those numbers only goes up. As fluid, brake, and tire changes will probably come sooner than the recommended intervals. And braking parts come with the territory. No different than any other car you mod. Other than the price of those parts may be higher.

But anyone who can afford it should look at the GTR for sure. Anyone will tell you they do things that on paper they should not be able to do.

Yea I have gen 2 alpha 9 turbos [ stock manifold turbos]sitting in the garage for last few months that I picked up for a really good price locally. Thay are the smallest turbos from Alpha series turbos but they capable of running 8s in 1/4 mile with supporting mods

I hope you can get that 9-second pass this fall and have no qualms about putting the bigger turbos on this winter.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Maintenance is not bad at all if you don't go to a dealer .

oil change every 2.5-3K miles - $30
Transmission oil change with filter , gasket and Amsoil DCT oil $300
Front and rear diff oil change - $100
Front DBA 5000 series rotors and hawk HPS pads $600

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Maintenance is not bad at all if you don't go to a dealer .

oil change every 2.5-3K miles - $30
Transmission oil change with filter , gasket and Amsoil DCT oil $300
Front and rear diff oil change - $100
Front DBA 5000 series rotors and hawk HPS pads $600

First off, what oil do you run that it only costs you $30 for an oil change with a filter? lol I mean, in the past I bought Mobil 1 from Walmart when they had the gallon jugs on sale. But it wasn't that cheap.

How are they with warranty claims if you don't have the dealer do the recommended maintenance through them? I know early on reading they didn't like that. With proof of an indy shop doing the work or receipts for parts. Hopefully they are more accepting of that. I know one of the guys following this thread is really considering buying a GTR. I am sure he will want to stay with a warranty. But he is capable of doing fluid changes and what not. So curious what you have seen or heard as a GTR owner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info