• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Z Meets Wall: We Investigate Why the NISMO Zs Brakes Failed at Lightning Lap

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
do those stop well though?

The corvette forum people all claim they are basically OE replacements in terms of stopping power and fade resistance, but there is no dust. So I would assume they are not track pads, but very good street pads. I know the corvette GS OEM pads I had on mine would suffer some fade after a few hard stops from high speeds.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The corvette forum people all claim they are basically OE replacements in terms of stopping power and fade resistance, but there is no dust. So I would assume they are not track pads, but very good street pads. I know the corvette GS OEM pads I had on mine would suffer some fade after a few hard stops from high speeds.

i had those, and my gtp would get sketchy from some high speed stops some times... granted it's a heavy fucking turd of a car that shouldn't be going as fast as it was to begin with.

i went to these though:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COCNCW/?tag=tcg21-20

and it was a significant upgrade to me, the fade isn't there like the other ones had, but again, single piston, 12" rotor, junk brakes.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
i had those, and my gtp would get sketchy from some high speed stops some times... granted it's a heavy fucking turd of a car that shouldn't be going as fast as it was to begin with.

i went to these though:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COCNCW/?tag=tcg21-20

and it was a significant upgrade to me, the fade isn't there like the other ones had, but again, single piston, 12" rotor, junk brakes.

Yeah I could see that. And compare that to the massive GS/ZO6 brakes I had on my GS and the fact that car was 3500lbs. Polar opposite...lol but again, in terms of dust, the ceramics are the best. I too experienced the dusting the OEM brakes did to my GS wheels. One drive after a wash, and the wheels had a nice sheen of dust on them. Talk about frustrating.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
How are those XP8's for daily driving? Do they work OK at normal street driving rotor temps? Good initial bite and modulation?

they are perfectly fine for street driving. (although their website says not for daily, but i am too lazy to change and they are not as aggressive as other pads)

my bro and i had a project miata that came with some definitely track only pads. i incorrectly thought they may not get hot enough and it might increase stopping distance. the reality was they were so grabby at regular temperatures that light brake usage would end up locking them all the time. those came off quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info