• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

WTB: Mono Channel Amplifier

Outlaw

Reaction score
Looking for an amp for my Tahoe. Got a cheap 12" sub and box, just need the amp. 600-1000 watt preferred. Lmk what you have.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've got an alpine mono amp I intended for the mustang but never used. I'll check shortly.

***Update
Yup- still have. It's an Alpine MRP-450. Only 200w though, not powerful enough for your setup. Only intended to power a 8" sub which would have been plenty for the Mustang.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've got an alpine mono amp I intended for the mustang but never used. I'll check shortly.

***Update
Yup- still have. It's an Alpine MRP-450. Only 200w though, not powerful enough for your setup. Only intended to power a 8" sub which would have been plenty for the Mustang.
How much do you want for it shipped? I only drive to Mchenry if I get to hang out with KJ.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
If it's a good amp you only need a couple hundred watts to push a sub hard pending you have the right ohm set up to load down the amp right, I push a 10 in my boat with 200watts from a jl audio amp and it shakes screws out of the dash

Outlaw

Reaction score
Not to distract but you ever add an amp /sub to the truck?
Nah, factory system in the Ford is good enough for me for now. Not sure if the F-350 is going to make the "post home purchase purge" so I'm trying not to dump money into it I won't see back.

Outlaw

Reaction score
If it's a good amp you only need a couple hundred watts to push a sub hard pending you have the right ohm set up to load down the amp right, I push a 10 in my boat with 200watts from a jl audio amp and it shakes screws out of the dash
It's a premier/pioneer amp in a sealed box. Got it for the price of dinner from [MENTION=10889]JackS[/MENTION] he originally got from [MENTION=11473]JBruno88[/MENTION]. Maybe Jason can chime in with what amp was pushing it back then when there was a pair? I was thinking overpower the amp and just run it low and it wont get so hot? IDK, I used to care about big stereos, now I just want something to equalize the crazy mid/high in my truck.

JBruno88

Reaction score
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION], back in the day, I used to run the subs with this amp:

CRUNCH AMP

It did the job in both my 98 dodge ram 1500 and 2011 camaro.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I picked up a 600 watt Kicker amp. Sounds great in the truck with the single sub.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom