WSJ- "I rented an electric car for a 4-day road trip. I spent more time charging it than I did sleeping."

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Reactions: Rent Free

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is a great article showing how much more education is needed. We're simply not at a point yet where you can live with an EV without any work/education on home/fast charging. The point that "fast chargers" aren't fast is spot-on and something we've been trying to reiterate in all of our coverage.

If you're not taking the route of fast chargers, you're in bad shape. And the 350 kW network that the EV6 can take advantage of is still limited except for major corridors; there's literally only two in the area: Rockford and Joliet, and most EVs can't take advantage of 350 kW. Even an EV6 can only charge at 240 kW, not 350 kW.

Tesla has arguably done the best job making EVs more consumer-friendly. The EV6 doesn't do trip planning like a Tesla or Porsche that finds the route based on fast-charger ability, so that's another knock against road-tripping a non-Tesla/Porsche.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Yeah I remember this article on WSJ but wasn't 100% sure.

Some of the companies mentioned in the article, ChargePoint, Electrify America (EVgo not mentioned) are the biggest 3rd party EV charging companies right now. E-A is affliliated with VW, not sure the ownership structure.

They are all working on the corridors. If you think about it, they will prioritize corridors that will have good revenue. Who was the person on TCG who drove his Tesla Chicago-Boston?

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Also, surprised her co-pilot didn't just ride her the way there and back... ?

1656521509188.png

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

Also, surprised her co-pilot didn't just ride her the way there and back... ?

View attachment 124659

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
“I just hit the gas and it goes hehehe”
Well that’s it, we should give up! a couple of girls who probably made their dads fill up their cars with gas in highschool and college couldn’t figure out how to do it

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah I remember this article on WSJ but wasn't 100% sure.

Some of the companies mentioned in the article, ChargePoint, Electrify America (EVgo not mentioned) are the biggest 3rd party EV charging companies right now. E-A is affliliated with VW, not sure the ownership structure.

They are all working on the corridors. If you think about it, they will prioritize corridors that will have good revenue. Who was the person on TCG who drove his Tesla Chicago-Boston?

the tesla nutswinger? he rage quit i think.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
That is correct RINO John.
"lol GOT 'EM" huggerorange thought, 5 minutes after he jerked off to new york democrat trump, flopping around guns and abortion, using big government in attempts to enrich himself, complaining about constitutional restraints, implementing anti-free market policies "boy at least i'm not a RINO lol"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info