WSJ- "I rented an electric car for a 4-day road trip. I spent more time charging it than I did sleeping."

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Remember the story of @lastLS1's trip from Chicago to Boston and back with his Tesla, recanting how great it was. I reminded him I did the same trip in the Suburban. And while he was in the middle of nowhere, sightseeing while his car charged, I was already at home in bed... For several hours I might add.

Yea, not there yet.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
"lol GOT 'EM" huggerorange thought, 5 minutes after he jerked off to new york democrat trump, flopping around guns and abortion, using big government in attempts to enrich himself, complaining about constitutional restraints, implementing anti-free market policies "boy at least i'm not a RINO lol"
Yup, you got me....what you don't know is Pro Stock John Pro Stock John and I are friends, and it's good natured sarcasm/ribbing in play.

But gosh gee whiz, your mean words really hurt me, thankfully I have a safe space here at work to retreat too and scream it out.
Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I found it interesting that their contact at Kia couldn't tell them which range model they had without physically inspecting it. I wouldn't think it would be indicated somewhere on the vehicle itself. At the worst, send him the VIN to look up.

"He suspects our car is the less-expensive EV6 model with a range not of 310 miles, as listed on Turo, but 250. He says he can't be sure what model we were driving without physically inspecting the car."

*emphasis mine

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Remember the story of @lastLS1's trip from Chicago to Boston and back with his Tesla, recanting how great it was. I reminded him I did the same trip in the Suburban. And while he was in the middle of nowhere, sightseeing while his car charged, I was already at home in bed... For several hours I might add.

Yea, not there yet.

I think he rage quit because of jason05gt jason05gt something about not enough snow in Illinois to jump in his quad to go sight seeing.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Yup, you got me....what you don't know is Pro Stock John Pro Stock John and I are friends, and it's good natured sarcasm/ribbing in play.

But gosh gee whiz, your mean words really hurt me, thankfully I have a safe space here at work to retreat too and scream it out.
Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office
and regardless of that you still toss around the term RINO despite fapping to one.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I found it interesting that their contact at Kia couldn't tell them which range model they had without physically inspecting it. I wouldn't think it would be indicated somewhere on the vehicle itself. At the worst, send him the VIN to look up.

"He suspects our car is the less-expensive EV6 model with a range not of 310 miles, as listed on Turo, but 250. He says he can't be sure what model we were driving without physically inspecting the car."

*emphasis mine

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce
i also thought this was weird. must be some iterations going on behind the scenes.

“I just hit the gas and it goes hehehe”
Well that’s it, we should give up! a couple of girls who probably made their dads fill up their cars with gas in highschool and college couldn’t figure out how to do it
you can only expect so much from people, especially the average person, who as far as a car is concerned is it's pretty much a utility. it is a don't think too hard about it magic go box. in the cloud database world there's been some competitions run independently between snowflake, redshift, and google big query; typically google comes in last and the articles often in the past seemed to have googlers coming to say how it was used wrong and defending it. even industry nerds didn't want to bother how to learn how to use it "properly" though. for something like a consumer product for the public, you need to make it as simple and idiot proof as possible.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I want to meet sickmint79 sickmint79 to see if my perception of him lines up with him in real life.

Regarding their trip, Chicago to Louisiana is long and probably not a priority for EV players. If you look at where all the EVs, a lot in CA, you becomes a safe investment to build out the corridor from SanFran to Portland, to Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas...

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I want to meet sickmint79 sickmint79 to see if my perception of him lines up with him in real life.

Regarding their trip, Chicago to Louisiana is long and probably not a priority for EV players. If you look at where all the EVs, a lot in CA, you becomes a safe investment to build out the corridor from SanFran to Portland, to Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas...
let me know if you come to thailand
or want to go karting in december

2 questions:

1. Is there a discount for an annual/lifetime membership?

2. Is there a discount if I purchase the bath water in bulk. (Minimum 55 gallons)
1. lifetime is only 1 BTC
2. due to fan demand, i must limit this to 2 gallons per person per week. plus i don't actually bathe very often, so you can get some extra sickmint79 in each gallon

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

Be prepared to stare upward! Gives KJ a run for his money.

My SIL drove from Reno to Denver then Denver to Chicago. It took them multiple days because of charger issues and wait times. Turns out when all the other Tesla owners are making the same stops it clogs up the system and they found themselves waiting to wait to charge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info