woman in critical condition after aurora wendy's car jacking

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We've been having a rash of car break in's lately. Though it's not really a break in because they're just targeting cars that are unlocked. You'd think by now that everyone in our neighborhood would be locking their car doors. And it wouldn't be recommended to confront these guys as we can see that most of them are armed.

People are constantly posting Ring videos of these assholes cruising our neighborhoods at 3am.
We have that as well. Probably get shit for saying this. But if you dont lock your car door, and have valuables in your car. Then you deserve to have your shit stolen. Common fucking sense would tell me to lock my doors if I have something of value. Dont get me started on the people who not only leave their doors unlocked, but leave the fucking key in their car.

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
Thats kind of a loaded question and a very tough one to answer.
I dont believe they should be chasing ANYONE with a vehicle in the city. Its just not safe at all and more times than not, an innocent person winds up getting fucked up. Now you might counter, what if someone just killed your Wife, kid or family member etc. Fuck yeah, I'd want them to chase them, because of the heat of the moment and I would be insanely pissed if they didnt. I guess this is one of those, "your damned if you do and your damned if you dont"

Should the fleeing criminal EVER be held accountable at all?

LomileWE-2

Regular
Apr 1, 2020
60477 Cook
Real Name
Chuckles
Pursuit policies differ from agency to agency. There was an aggravated vehicular hijacking last week that saw calumet city police chase a chase vehicle with 3 individuals armed into the city in a snowstorm with speeds at times of 100 mph. Offenders were curbed in the 130's on 57 south.
Dangerous business for sure.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
We've been having a rash of car break in's lately. Though it's not really a break in because they're just targeting cars that are unlocked. You'd think by now that everyone in our neighborhood would be locking their car doors. And it wouldn't be recommended to confront these guys as we can see that most of them are armed.

People are constantly posting Ring videos of these assholes cruising our neighborhoods at 3am.

Same here in Plainfield. Also, in Shorewood.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
We have that as well. Probably get shit for saying this. But if you dont lock your car door, and have valuables in your car. Then you deserve to have your shit stolen. Common fucking sense would tell me to lock my doors if I have something of value. Dont get me started on the people who not only leave their doors unlocked, but leave the fucking key in their car.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Same in Mount Prospect. People post videos every few days of the scumbags pulling on car handles. Like others have said, they only steal from unlocked cars, but fuck them! They use a stolen car to follow around the person pulling handles as a getaway quick car if needed.

Wish some lunatic would bait them and then pepper spray them when they opened the car door....

Reactions: Spectragod

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
yeah car break-ins have been happening for a while in the suburbs. They just go up and down the street checking for unlocked cars with a getaway car. Carjackings are def spilling into the suburbs, some are following victims to their home or waiting nearby parked on the street. Wood Dale just posted up about an incident, but said they did not give chase.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

Fucked up thing is, people are saying the cops know who these fuckers are.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005

People are so stupid, they think people are going to break into their car regardless, so they leave them unlocked so they don't have to break the window. They don't understand that if you take a few moments to make sure there's no valuables in plain sight that they won't have a reason to break into your car, and 99% of the time will try the handles and move along if it's locked. The sound of breaking glass is distinct and can get them busted.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I keep doors locked at all times when I’m anywhere outside of Harvard or Johnsburg, especially when I’m not paying attention eating or killing time on my phone.

As far as CCW goes I leave one in my truck all the time, but I don’t live where there’s vehicle break-in’s regularly... its usually under a towel easily accessible.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info