woman in critical condition after aurora wendy's car jacking

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i didnt see a thread. but this especially hits close to home for me as, its my wendys, and the woman shot is a friend/customer of mine, as well as the sister of a close friend and former neighbor of mine, as well as still my fathers neighbor.

poor girl just wanted to eat her sandwich when she was bum rushed and shot.

so, she has had a couple surguries since, from what i understand there is two shattered vertebrae spinal cord damage. not likely that she will ever feel below the waist again.

heres the gofundme if you feel inclined:

the goons have yet to be found. when they took kims car, they ended up in a accident in harvey IL that turned into a shootout with the offduty cop that they hit. her car is in impound and this whole thing has been taken over by state and feds due to the shootout with the cop.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
They guy that taught my ccl renewal had us run drills out of his truck for this reason, he said your more likely to need your gun in the car than any other time
this is interesting because it's damn near impossible to reach my gun while sitting in a car, i carry at 5 o clock IWB most of the time

looking up car holster setups now, might just put my ol' reliable 1911 in there and leave it

Reactions: FESTER665

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
The extent of how these criminals operate is mind boggling. It's stuff you don't hear unless it's extreme such as this case and the case of the retired fire LT. I keep hearing people saying 'be careful'. How do you 'be careful' enough to avoid this? There is no way to 'be careful' when society and a complete lack of accountability has created this issue. It's just like GTA to them...a game they can't really lose.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
this is interesting because it's damn near impossible to reach my gun while sitting in a car, i carry at 5 o clock IWB most of the time

looking up car holster setups now, might just put my ol' reliable 1911 in there and leave it
I carry on the hip but it’s still hard to draw in a car it was interesting to practice in that way

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
i didnt see a thread. but this especially hits close to home for me as, its my wendys, and the woman shot is a friend/customer of mine, as well as the sister of a close friend and former neighbor of mine, as well as still my fathers neighbor.

poor girl just wanted to eat her sandwich when she was bum rushed and shot.

so, she has had a couple surguries since, from what i understand there is two shattered vertebrae spinal cord damage. not likely that she will ever feel below the waist again.

heres the gofundme if you feel inclined:

the goons have yet to be found. when they took kims car, they ended up in a accident in harvey IL that turned into a shootout with the offduty cop that they hit. her car is in impound and this whole thing has been taken over by state and feds due to the shootout with the cop.

That absolutely sucks, was she able to get a description? I hope so, as soon as these idiots are caught the better.

I wish her a speedy recovery and pray that she gets her feeling back in her body. Absolutely terrible, unfortunately, it’s is not the first time I have seen this happen.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
No, they don’t, that is to easy, they deserve to be taken apart, limb by limb slowly. Or, a tree mulcher will suffice.
I'm thinking like the beginning of Law Abiding Citizen. Almost to a T.

Let's hope law enforcement finds them before her family does.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Ive thought about that as well but really don’t want to leave a gun in my car all the time and I’m not a fan of unholstering it to put it into a car spot...

does anyone keep it in their car? Any issues or recommendations?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ive thought about that as well but really don’t want to leave a gun in my car all the time and I’m not a fan of unholstering it to put it into a car spot...

I keep one in all my cars. Just put in the center console. However when in the city, it’s literally in passenger cup holder area with one in the chamber. I just keep a towel over it.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

I don’t leave it in my truck but I often put one in the door compartment or somewhere else close by

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I keep one in all my cars. Just put in the center console. However when in the city, it’s literally in passenger cup holder area with one in the chamber. I just keep a towel over it.

Have you ever been pulled over with it? That would be a concern as well, not sure how that’s handled legally? I have my CCW if that makes a difference

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info