Woman commits (supposedly) suicide...

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'm not sure if you calculate "deacceleration". That would give you a negative number thus a negative force....

Um right, which is what we're looking for. How long it took her to fall has no bearing on the force it took her to stop. Deacceleration is the same as negative force, and guess what, it all feels the same on your face.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
wow, some big equations in here.
a friend of mine while living in philly saw a lady jump from 20 - 25 floors... said it looked like she bounced about a foot. he and his girl walked over and he said her head cracked open and some brains were spillin out. no blood from anywhere else.

The skin is pretty flexible. Can take a good deal of pressure, but i think the skull cracking open punctured something and that is why the brain oozed out.

Dear Internet,

It's Nick again. I just wanted to thank you again for making it so i can never feel sick hearing, reading, watching or talking about people committing suicide and splitting open on the sidewalk.

You're a peach,

Nick.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
When measuring the force used to stop something, you need to know the amount of time it took to stop the object and the change in velocity, or in other words, the negative acceleration, or as I like to call it, deacceleration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info