• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Winter is almost over, the 1/2 mile inches close, the season is almost upon us

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Dat engine doe! :wackit:
dougsnewblock3.jpg

rotatingassembly.jpg

Yet another example of shit getting out of hand... Was going to just do a 408w and be good with it..... Next thing I know it's a 427w in a Dart block... :bowrofl:

I'm surprised I didn't do an aluminum block at this point.

Likely going to be getting much larger heads (which of course means a new cam and larger headers... SMH) before it ever starts either, just have to see the tax return.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Whos getting their cars ready for the season?

I dropped the Evo off at R&D last night for some (non power) items. Battery relocation, wiring and vac line redo, having my trans pulled again as I feel like I may have damaged something last time I broke the clutch so I want to be 100% sure for the season....other misc shit.

What about you guys?

xtJEAge.jpg

NICE. I miss my buddies Evo.... It was a blast to drive before it was stolen a few years back when they were ganking Evo's left and right around here...

I dunno if they got caught or went on to another car... In either case make sure to watch your baby.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Seriously... DAT ENGINE tho. I'm not posting my prelude engine now :rofl: Dammit.

Engine pics are never a bad thing!

Mine looks a little different now, the intake is one from Pro-M instead of the Vic Jr. It has more room for porting in the future and has bosses for the IAT sensor in it.... Still a carb style EFI setup though, so it looks close but slightly different.

Also the valve covers had standoffs welded to them and then got powdercoated solid black. I'm running a CNP setup on the motor and needed a place for the *GASP* LS style coils.... :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
It's garaged are not taken to the city, it should be fine. :x:

There were cars way out of the city and in garages getting yanked as well...

Was a shitty call to get from my friend that it was gone. They got surveillance pictures of the guys who tried another Evo unsuccessfully but were never caught that I know of.

EvoIXBW.jpg

This was my buddies before it got yanked.... He's missed it ever since but bought a house with the woman.... Now hes trying to convince her they need a GT-R. :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That's fuckin sweet! We need more Ford engine content here that isn't modular

I was contemplating going Coyote, but in the long run I would've missed the torque and big lopey cam in the car.... Though a Coyote with a turbo would've definitely been fun.

Wish I could buy the best of everything at one time but I'm not making those Eagle duckets... :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info