3800 Will this buff out??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its official. The state of Michigan along with other states with no fault insurance can lick my asshole after taking a White Castle shit.

I called the other guys (TOG. HAHAHA) insurance company and the gentlemen said "I dont know if you know this, but the great state of Michigan has a no fault insurance law state wide." Where then I proceeded to ask what the fuck that meant in the great state of Illinois, the one I reside in. Pretty much his insurance will pay my deductable and I get to make the claim to fix or total my car.

I called my insurance and they should be getting back to me today. Other people have told me to just go through my insurance and let them go after AAA (TOGs insurance). Ill see what Progressive tells me today. If they cant go after them and if my rates get jacked, IM thinking about just not getting it fixed, bring it back and start parting it out. I dont want to get jacked for some retards mistake.

Here is a little read on no fault insurance. Sorry Denise and Adam. Im not coming to MN where you people have the option of having no fault insurance. With my luck Ill get hit by some bastard that has it.

I

imported_GraFFix

There is no reason that your insurance would go up..Ive made at least 2 claims on my insurance on the GP for things that were out of my control. One being $3600 in hail damage and the other from a old lady backing into me. My insurance never budged.

But that no fault shit sucks...who the hell thinks of these things.

Hope you get it worked out.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My insurance called back. They are going to go check it out today or tomorrow. The adjuster said the car is worth 4700. WOOT WOOT!!! It might not be totalled. Either way Id get more money if it was though. Shitty part is, if my car was one year older I would be able to buy it back. :( The insurance adjuster said I cant buy my car back if its totalled. So if it is I gotta work FAST to get some of the stuff outta there.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Here is a little read on no fault insurance. Sorry Denise and Adam. Im not coming to MN where you people have the option of having no fault insurance. With my luck Ill get hit by some bastard that has it.
[/b]
haha that's okay. People up here drive like idiotic morons 99% of the time anyway so I don't blame ya. I have worse road rage here then back home! :lol:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I saw the car today Fish. It doesent look that bad to my untrained eye but because of the year and mileage it just might get totaled. No adjuster yet as of 2:30 Wed.
[/b]

They told me today or tomorrow. I wasnt sure. Im guessing more tomorrow since I was told they would call me on the scene and tell me what they want to do.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Talked to the adjuster today. He said the car is a total loss. I guess the "previous damage" set it over. You know the knicks and scratches the car gets from assholes at work and such. :rolleyes:

After taking off the previous damage, deductable, and buying the car back (they turned around and said I could. So fuck yeah!!) Im walking away with a scratch over $2800.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Someone is interested in the whole car. Im gonna get a list of parts from the body shop that need replacing and take some pics. If he ends up not buying the car then yes. Ill be parting it out myself.

First thing is first though. Gotta get the car out of the shop by tomorrow since thats all the storage my insurance paid for. Not sure if they are gonna let me drive it away so Ill have to figure out something. Then swap headunits between the Regal and GP, take off the SLP headers, and Ill be pretty much done with everything I want from it.

If I end up parting it out, I might keep the HUD as well since there is a write up to add it to the Regal. :D

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Where are the Regal pics? Thats what everyone is waiting for lol
[/b]

With this shitty weather I havent been able to take some good pics. Ill post the ones that the previous owner gave me.

Regal21.jpg

Regal20.jpg

Regal19.jpg

Regal18.jpg

Regal17.jpg

Regal16.jpg

Regal15.jpg

Regal14.jpg

Regal13.jpg

Regal12.jpg

Regal11.jpg

Regal10.jpg

Regal9.jpg

Regal8.jpg

Regal7.jpg

Regal6.jpg

Regal5.jpg

Regal4.jpg

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
but its a RED car!! (used cars)
no, its got grey primer, so its really a grey car.. :lolsign:

Nice pick up! :D
Im sure your not to hip with the color of the int., neither was I when I bought mine, but I love it now, and yours looks really nice(color combo).

slpeng.com has some stuff you might look into (apperance wise).

good luck/have fun/enjoy! B)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hehe. The car sat in a garage for a couple of years. The paint looks really good for being a 97.

Already checking out the GSX selection on SLPs site along with Ebay.

I was kinda ehh with the color of the interior but it has grown on me. I definatly need tint. Feels super bright inside the car when the sun is out.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Doesnt MICH have no Fault insurance........Ive dealt with it b4 and its not fun...
[/b]

Thats what someone else told me. However the kid did admit fault to me and the cop. It is in the police report. So it shouldnt be that hard of a problem.
[/b][/quote]

Fish, sorry to hear about the car. And sorry I wasn't around to help you out.

As for the insurance it applies only when you rear end someone. Even if they slam on the brakes because they are stupid you get the ticket. They claim it is to keep you from following to close. Otherwise the insurance runs like normal the person at fault is to blame and then you take it to their insurance.
[/b][/quote]

Not a big deal Ryan. Im kinda glad. That more or less went with my gut to keep driving. I would have liked to be safe and got home 3-4 hours earlier but I wouldnt have liked to come back to trailor the car home.

I also found out that my Regal was originally owned by Dave Winterhalter (WPI performance). I guess he also lives in Sterling Heights. :lolsign: Small world.

Mike, hook it up with some info. Ill try to bring the car over early this week. I need to clean it out and I want to take the stereo and PAC box for the steering wheel controls. I really dont care for the Kenwood thats in the Regal at this time. LOL.
[/b][/quote]

interesting info seeing Dave W's name pop up... found out he's still alive, at least in the past few weeks.... no new wpi stuff for now though :(

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Doesnt MICH have no Fault insurance........Ive dealt with it b4 and its not fun...
[/b]

Thats what someone else told me. However the kid did admit fault to me and the cop. It is in the police report. So it shouldnt be that hard of a problem.
[/b][/quote]

Fish, sorry to hear about the car. And sorry I wasn't around to help you out.

As for the insurance it applies only when you rear end someone. Even if they slam on the brakes because they are stupid you get the ticket. They claim it is to keep you from following to close. Otherwise the insurance runs like normal the person at fault is to blame and then you take it to their insurance.
[/b][/quote]

Not a big deal Ryan. Im kinda glad. That more or less went with my gut to keep driving. I would have liked to be safe and got home 3-4 hours earlier but I wouldnt have liked to come back to trailor the car home.

I also found out that my Regal was originally owned by Dave Winterhalter (WPI performance). I guess he also lives in Sterling Heights. :lolsign: Small world.

Mike, hook it up with some info. Ill try to bring the car over early this week. I need to clean it out and I want to take the stereo and PAC box for the steering wheel controls. I really dont care for the Kenwood thats in the Regal at this time. LOL.
[/b][/quote]

interesting info seeing Dave W's name pop up... found out he's still alive, at least in the past few weeks.... no new wpi stuff for now though :(
[/b][/quote]

He popped up on clubgp and regalgs when he found out I bought the car. He also talked to Lee from MN as well about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info