• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Will New Injectors = New VE Tune?

TommyGloves

Reaction score
So if I follow my logic in my head, without changing/installing any other mods, if were to install new injectors (with a proper IFR table) it would not require a new VE tune. This is assuming that my target AFR is the same (14.7). Is this assumption true?

I am open to comments from the peanut gallery...

(Also, given the other VE/SD thread started by PANDA, it got me thinking about my Bonneville. I started investigatng and realized the PT editor has a bug in it that fucks up the 140kpa row in the VE table for my OSID.

It is also present in Eddie's Table Modifier from what I can tell. I'll have more details later this week. I'm wondering if this is a root cause of my problem not recognizing my VE table changes.)

So if I follow my logic in my head, without changing/installing any other mods, if were to install new injectors (with a proper IFR table) it would not require a new VE tune. This is assuming that my target AFR is the same (14.7). Is this assumption true?

are you saying you want your target A/f to be 14.7 at WOT?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is correct, if ALL you are changing is the injectors - the flow rate vs KPA table should be all you need to change in the tune.

However, this assumes you have exact information on your injectors. Min PW and offset might also need to be adjusted depending on the injectors you went with.

TommyGloves

Reaction score
That is correct, if ALL you are changing is the injectors - the flow rate vs KPA table should be all you need to change in the tune.

However, this assumes you have exact information on your injectors. Min PW and offset might also need to be adjusted depending on the injectors you went with.
Gotcha. Unfortunately those tables aren't mapped for us 3800 guys. :(

are you saying you want your target A/f to be 14.7 at WOT?
Not exactly, I'm saying that the VE is tuned around the same fuel type; in this case gasoline. It shouldn't matter if it was tuned at 12.5 or 14.7. At least that is my logic.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then I'd just say YES based on what I've seen 10sec and others say about 3800 IFR tables in the past. Give it a whirl and see where your AFR goes.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
If the ohms load is the same on both resistors, then no...if they are different then yes. Different ohm ratings with have a different "gain" to them.

Allmachtige

STOP! Just stop...
Reaction score
Interesting.

I plan on going with 60lb injectors and from what I know I only need to change my IFR table.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Some high ohm injectors are as low as 10 ohms, and high as 16 ohms...you have to check if the tune just won't come around. Most manufacturers are pretty tight on the specs, but the lucas are less consistant. I don't mean to be a downer on them, they aren't bad injectors...just very inconsistant. It's more of a problem for installers than the induvidual.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom