Will New Injectors = New VE Tune?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
So if I follow my logic in my head, without changing/installing any other mods, if were to install new injectors (with a proper IFR table) it would not require a new VE tune. This is assuming that my target AFR is the same (14.7). Is this assumption true?

I am open to comments from the peanut gallery...

(Also, given the other VE/SD thread started by PANDA, it got me thinking about my Bonneville. I started investigatng and realized the PT editor has a bug in it that fucks up the 140kpa row in the VE table for my OSID.

It is also present in Eddie's Table Modifier from what I can tell. I'll have more details later this week. I'm wondering if this is a root cause of my problem not recognizing my VE table changes.)

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So if I follow my logic in my head, without changing/installing any other mods, if were to install new injectors (with a proper IFR table) it would not require a new VE tune. This is assuming that my target AFR is the same (14.7). Is this assumption true?

That is correct, if ALL you are changing is the injectors - the flow rate vs KPA table should be all you need to change in the tune.

However, this assumes you have exact information on your injectors. Min PW and offset might also need to be adjusted depending on the injectors you went with.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
That is correct, if ALL you are changing is the injectors - the flow rate vs KPA table should be all you need to change in the tune.

However, this assumes you have exact information on your injectors. Min PW and offset might also need to be adjusted depending on the injectors you went with.

Gotcha. Unfortunately those tables aren't mapped for us 3800 guys. :(

are you saying you want your target A/f to be 14.7 at WOT?

Not exactly, I'm saying that the VE is tuned around the same fuel type; in this case gasoline. It shouldn't matter if it was tuned at 12.5 or 14.7. At least that is my logic.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Some high ohm injectors are as low as 10 ohms, and high as 16 ohms...you have to check if the tune just won't come around. Most manufacturers are pretty tight on the specs, but the lucas are less consistant. I don't mean to be a downer on them, they aren't bad injectors...just very inconsistant. It's more of a problem for installers than the induvidual.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info