Why are crossovers so popular?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Yeah...my wife needs the space and kid friendliness of a minivan, but has a strong "I'll never drive a minivan" attitude. Third row seats, with an aisle in the second row was key.

We got an Explorer, she loves it. We'll be getting an Expedition next though...

Gee wonder why youll be getting an Expedition.......:rofl:

Because anything not fullsize is garbage?

Each household needs at leasr 1 go fast fun car 1 fullsize SUV done. If you cwn afford 3 types of vehicles more power to ya.

No need for a pickup anything I need to pull or haul Ill toss it in a trailer.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
My wife loves her MKC. Itā€™s probably in the crossover category. I feel like this thread has side tracked. Mini vans are WAY bigger than CUVs. They have space and size of damn Tahoeā€™s and 3 row SUVs.

I know, like many on here have said, she likes the seating position and the visibility. Hates driving sedans and feels like ā€œshe canā€™t see.ā€ Whatever floats her boat. I actually enjoy driving her ride from time to time. I just prefer sedans for myself.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Jenna got rid of the cobalt for the Patriot and hasn't looked back. Sure, it's no tahoe, but it's a fuck of a lot better than the tiny shit box she had before

For the record, she didnā€™t even cross my mind when making that statement lol. Iā€™d take a crossover over a small car any day. I just donā€™t know if Iā€™d get rid of my new, low mileage sedan for a crossover.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I love my Ford Escape. It was kinda an impulse buy, but I've been really happy with it. I wanted something small enough that I can park in a Chicago parking garage, but I also liked the leg room and seating position of a taller vehicle. If I fold down the rear seats, I have a ton of cargo room. Plus it's really easy to load my hockey equipment in and out of the hatch area. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is to drive. It's quick and responsive for what it is.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How many people actually use the bed for hauling stuff or towing? Throwing out contractors, most of the people that I see driving them are commuting. I'd love to see the stats on usage. I remember the % of trucks actually taken off road was very low years ago.

pickup trucks typically really aren't the best thing to be offroad at all. I know my truck would get stuck quite quickly in a lot of situations... a half mile turning radius coupled with a breakover angle that a pancake could high side and it's not going to be wheelin' moab any time too soon.

as for hauling and towing. plenty. that's about the only time i drive my truck really

buut yeah. plenty of sierra denali's with bedcovers haulin' milk. but whateva. just like this thread. who cares.

if everyone wanted the most logical method of transportation public transportation would be the answer.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
How many people actually use the bed for hauling stuff or towing? Throwing out contractors, most of the people that I see driving them are commuting. I'd love to see the stats on usage. I remember the % of trucks actually taken off road was very low years ago.

sup

24232118_10156128613664589_4470295655367110086_n.jpg

22450007_10155970067054589_8067393557492591446_n.jpg

21761807_10155884606364589_1856218877466317764_n.jpg

17799019_10155324152049589_713745343368883971_n.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I would've chosen a CUV if I could afford any of the ones i liked. Purely for the dogs

I have just one dog, although he is pretty sizable (a big black lab), and even in the Suburban he takes up a considerable amount of real estate, especially because he likes to move around inside the vehicle, going between each window hanging his head out. I can't imagine having a smaller SUV and multiple dogs.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Last weekend I was considering trading the truck in on a Durango SRT or GC SRT till I realized how much I actually use it as a truck. Seems like every weekend I'm hauling something in the bed. A short block dripping with oil and coolant get no fucks from me when I throw it in a bed.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
CUV'S are a cheaper option for someone that wants "more space" over a mid-size or full-size SUV. They can get expensive and for the money, you can get a bigger SUV for the same money.

For me, something like a CX-5, CRV, RAV4, Rogue, etc. are too small. Even though its just my wife and I, we haul her family around, take them shipping, mount bikes to it, etc. I like having the extra space as there are many times I need it.

Not to mention, I don't like the idea of a CUV being a hair bigger than a sedan, which we already have.

I am a fan of the Macan and X3's, though.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Last weekend I was considering trading the truck in on a Durango SRT or GC SRT till I realized how much I actually use it as a truck. Seems like every weekend I'm hauling something in the bed. A short block dripping with oil and coolant get no fucks from me when I throw it in a bed.

the bed of my truck is used as a covered dumpster more often than not lately :fu:

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Can any of the CUV's be chosen with a manual [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]?

I know the Renegade has a manual option. It's really small though. The Patriot if I remember correctly had a manual option also. Since it's been discontinued, I don't know if the Compass will have a manual option. The problem I see now adays is if a manual is available, you can only get it in a stripped down base model.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info