Addict
May 30, 2011

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Is a crossover and minivan really an equal comparison? Minivans have a fuckton of interior space, crossovers do not. IMO the only replacement for minivans would be full size SUV's. Suburban, durango etc

To me most "crossover" SUV's don't have a 3rd row seat, but maybe i'm wrong there. I always considered anything with a 3rd row full size

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Most of the modern CUV's drive as well as sedans. My wife has an Edge Sport and I really enjoy driving it. Is it as fun to drive as my Infiniti? No, but the powertrain is much more friendly for everyday driving.

Would be interesting to post a "Why do trucks sell so well"? They've certainly gotten really pricey over the last few years.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Is a crossover and minivan really an equal comparison? Minivans have a fuckton of interior space, crossovers do not. IMO the only replacement for minivans would be full size SUV's. Suburban, durango etc

To me most "crossover" SUV's don't have a 3rd row seat, but maybe i'm wrong there. I always considered anything with a 3rd row full size

They do actually. Our vans have pretty much close in cubic feet numbers as my Suburban. It's just packaged differently.

The vans have floor to ceiling cargo area advantage. The vans have 144.2 cuft and 143.8 cuft of cargo capacity for 2007 and 2015 respectively
The Suburban has cargo area length advantage. I think the Suburban (at least my GMT 400) has about 150 cuft. The newest K2Y's I believe have less due to the rear tray in the cargo area and dependent on seat configuration.

Another advantage to the vans, is the ease of conversion to get that space from seating. Or to go from cargo back to all seats up. The seats all just flip/fold into the floor and vice versa. The Suburban, 2nd row is easy, but the third row seat in mine is the old fashioned, manual "pull the handle to release and then lift it out of the floor recess". Then you gotta drag it out. Not a problem for me, but the Wifey... She can't do it on her own. Getting it back in can be a PITA too, getting it latched back down in those floor retainers...

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i bought my CUV for multiple reasons. i didn't need a hoe sized SUV nor did i want the fuel mileage that came with it. i needed something that can tow a waverunner/17-19ft boat/utility trailer. having my doggo hop on a rubber floor mat in the rear hatch area is nice too.
i also like how it rides and handles like a car and not a truck. it's smooth, quiet, and comfortable.

i guess it best fit my needs :dunno:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Most of the modern CUV's drive as well as sedans. My wife has an Edge Sport and I really enjoy driving it. Is it as fun to drive as my Infiniti? No, but the powertrain is much more friendly for everyday driving.

Would be interesting to post a "Why do trucks sell so well"? They've certainly gotten really pricey over the last few years.

:fu: you must have hit your head! My wife has a 2016 Edge also and its garbage i hate that thing its like driving a dining room chair. Not comfortable at all. Windshield the size of a semi trailer and its fwd bias of course. Its a little more tolerabke with nokian snow tires on here too but geezus i cannot wait until june that things getting punted for a king ranch expedition!

the edge csnt pull shit not even enough room for 2 hockey bags. The mileage isnt good enough to consider another midsize SUV

FULL SIZE SUV or walk!!

PS the Ford Edge sucks

JackS

Regular
Mar 17, 2013
Arlington Heights
Seating position, practicality. Warm and fuzzy feeling of "AWD". Many friends GF's/wives have said these exact reasons for purchasing. Trading in FWD cars that I'd consider "good" in snow because they slip and slide too much. Great, now you'll just be going faster in adverse conditions.
Jenna got rid of the cobalt for the Patriot and hasn't looked back. Sure, it's no tahoe, but it's a fuck of a lot better than the tiny shit box she had before

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info