Who's traveling this year abroad?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What are you guys seeing as far as travel to Mexico?
Nothing at all, your good to go next week. My Wife and I have been actively checking shit out the last week.
Prices are very low right now, so we might go X Mas day and spend New Years out there. Have done that once and it was a fucking blast.
Friends of ours just got back from Jamaica for a wedding. Said there are still restrictions in place that will make me say fuck Jamaica until this shit goes away. Jamaica is too damn expensive to go and have restrictions.

Dominican is insanely fucking cheap right now if anyone is looking for a very cheap all inclusive. Prices so good, we are contemplating possibly going back there instead of Mexico, based purely on cost. I always said, I wouldnt go back unless the price was too good to pass up and its right about there right now.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang
Werent you and your family supposed to go to Mexico? I know you were scheduled for sometime last March and I thought you re-scheduled for some time around now?
Rescheduled for October, but then my kids school put in a rule that if you leave the state you have to do E-learning for 2 weeks after you get back. Didn't want our kids to be out of school, so we cancelled. Ended up working out because the week we were booked in Cancun was the week the hurricane hit and they had to evacuate the resort for a couple days.

Still trying to figure out when we are going to reschedule. Thinking about spring break 2021 now.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Rescheduled for October, but then my kids school put in a rule that if you leave the state you have to do E-learning for 2 weeks after you get back. Didn't want our kids to be out of school, so we cancelled. Ended up working out because the week we were booked in Cancun was the week the hurricane hit and they had to evacuate the resort for a couple days.

Still trying to figure out when we are going to reschedule. Thinking about spring break 2021 now.
Yeah, going in Oct/Nov is always risky. You book for that time you better by the insurance, lol.
I still swear by mid January being the best time to go, it literally feels like it breaks our winter up.
Your case, would have to do early Jan due to school. But temps are still high 80's/low 90's every day

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
And I bet they dont make any money those 2 weeks lol
By law you dont have to say where your going....just saying
There is also a lot of fuckery right now. 10 people have been fired from the corporation in the last week over false reports and not wearing masks.

I'd rather be straight up and accept my 3 weeks total vacation

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
There is also a lot of fuckery right now. 10 people have been fired from the corporation in the last week over false reports and not wearing masks.

I'd rather be straight up and accept my 3 weeks total vacation
company's not going to have any employees left :rofl:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
20201119_101939.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I know in this thread I mentioned going to Turks last July. Friends of ours were renting a huge Airbnb and all we needed to pay for was airfare and spending money. Covid fucked that up and never happened. But starting to sound like its a full go this year. Depending how busy we are at work, the Wifey and I will do either 5 days or 8 days

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm headed to Ireland the last week of July. Getting nervous about the restrictions there though. Still no indoor dining in Ireland and they're still requiring a 14 day quarantine upon arrival.

Scheduled Cancun for spring break 2022.
Ive always wanted to go to Ireland, just cant do the flight. I'm assuming your paying a good buck to take the family to Ireland.
Is it worth the risk with the restrictions? When we went to PR last October the restrictions killed the trip. I mean we made the most of it and still had a good time. But didnt get to go visit a lot of shit we wanted to see,

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Ive always wanted to go to Ireland, just cant do the flight. I'm assuming your paying a good buck to take the family to Ireland.
Is it worth the risk with the restrictions? When we went to PR last October the restrictions killed the trip. I mean we made the most of it and still had a good time. But didnt get to go visit a lot of shit we wanted to see,
Ireland is just the wife and I. I booked the flights on American in "Premium Economy" which is basically domestic first class, but in economy for international flights. So big seats, plenty of room, and alcohol included.....I can't do regular coach for a flight that long, and I wasn't dropping the coin on first class or business class. If the restrictions still seem to be bad in July we'll reschedule the trip. Our plan is to just rent a car and drive around the country and stay at B&B's....so I'm hoping the more rural parts of Ireland are like the USA, and don't give a fuck about COVID rules. We'll see though, seems like it will be a game time decision.

Cancun we're taking the kids....but if there are still restrictions spring break 2022, well the fuck me.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ireland is just the wife and I. I booked the flights on American in "Premium Economy" which is basically domestic first class, but in economy for international flights. So big seats, plenty of room, and alcohol included.....I can't do regular coach for a flight that long, and I wasn't dropping the coin on first class or business class. If the restrictions still seem to be bad in July we'll reschedule the trip. Our plan is to just rent a car and drive around the county and stay at B&B's....so I'm hoping the more rural parts of Ireland are like the USA, and don't give a fuck about COVID rules. We'll see though, seems like it will be a game time decision.

Cancun we're taking the kids....but if there are still restrictions spring break 2022, well the fuck me.
Oh okay and you will be fine in Mexico next year

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Ireland is just the wife and I. I booked the flights on American in "Premium Economy" which is basically domestic first class, but in economy for international flights. So big seats, plenty of room, and alcohol included.....I can't do regular coach for a flight that long, and I wasn't dropping the coin on first class or business class. If the restrictions still seem to be bad in July we'll reschedule the trip. Our plan is to just rent a car and drive around the country and stay at B&B's....so I'm hoping the more rural parts of Ireland are like the USA, and don't give a fuck about COVID rules. We'll see though, seems like it will be a game time decision.

i'm curious what premium economy is like. i was supposed to have it on the way back to thailand in 2021 where i was supposed to go back for a week of training and was looking forward to trying it.

the seats are not like domestic first class. maybe recline but definitely not width. i think typically some more leg room; these are more like main cabin extra type seats on domestic flights than they are first. i'm under the impression food is generally the same as economy. you might get nicer silverware eg. real knife or something. plus booze. IMHO it basically only seems worth it for the additional comfort if you're a tall person. if you're a wide person, it will be better than economy too, but don't expect much different and certainly don't expect domestic first class.

there are cheap points options with flexible dates to dublin, particularly from boston. eg. 20k round/trip economy, 40k round/trip business with british airways bos-dub. well when i looked some time ago. covid flight availability and award seat availability have made things all a bit wonky now too, else i'd have a christmas flight home and back booked already. as-is the flight i want to take home is currently not operating, so waiting to see what happens.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
i'm curious what premium economy is like. i was supposed to have it on the way back to thailand in 2021 where i was supposed to go back for a week of training and was looking forward to trying it.

the seats are not like domestic first class. maybe recline but definitely not width. i think typically some more leg room; these are more like main cabin extra type seats on domestic flights than they are first. i'm under the impression food is generally the same as economy. you might get nicer silverware eg. real knife or something. plus booze. IMHO it basically only seems worth it for the additional comfort if you're a tall person. if you're a wide person, it will be better than economy too, but don't expect much different and certainly don't expect domestic first class.

there are cheap points options with flexible dates to dublin, particularly from boston. eg. 20k round/trip economy, 40k round/trip business with british airways bos-dub. well when i looked some time ago. covid flight availability and award seat availability have made things all a bit wonky now too, else i'd have a christmas flight home and back booked already. as-is the flight i want to take home is currently not operating, so waiting to see what happens.
I'll post a review. I've flown plenty of domestic and international first class.....so I'll compare. I'm 6'2, so I can't do more than 3-4 hour flights in regular economy.....the extra room is worth every penny to me.

Looking at the seat, it also appears as though American Airlines took their 737 first class seat and plopped it onto the 777.

Premium economy:
iu

Domestic first class:
iu

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
We booked Cancun in December for a wedding. I'm hoping even by then the restrictions will be all but lifted. I just got back from Orlando and the airports are so much busier than they were back last November. I'm having a hard time finding an economy seat for less than $500 one way coming back from Ft Myers in November.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info