Who is our new remote start guy???

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
these? this is what I use unless im in a pinch then i just use crimp connectors with heat shrink ends

I've used those on every electrical install in every vehicle I've owned. Never had a single issue with those.

I am guilty of the "strip, twist, tape" solution when I was younger but realize those butt connectors make everything look much better and are much more reliable. I go a step further and before crimping, I'll get some heatsink on the wire and once the wire is connected, slip the black heatshrink over it to add another layer of protection.

Just fucking do it yourself CTCDEEZNUTZ. You're a grown ass man, figure it out.

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Problem is most connections in newer cars are made to thin ass wires. Everything is controlled through data wires. Data wires should always recive solder and tape. Shit the remote start in my Ram was 5 wires all like 24ga. Those 5 wires do start, hood, door locks, p lights, tach, immobilizer interface, horn...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
There was a guy awhile back on csvt that had these by the boxes. I asked for some and he never came around again

I have two, three, and four conductor towers you're welcome to, you'd still need the plugs to seal where the wires go in and terminals unless the spares I have laying around would work.....

Throw me some money for the shipping and I can send you a ton of them....

PM me if you want some....

edb08828.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
yeah I remember talking about the wire and weatherpack/metricpack connectors a year or so back

im still interested in that stuff

I didn't remember you wanting connectors too. I'm still waiting to hear if I can let the wire go so I didn't want to drag it out.

If you want some tower connectors I can get you those no problem... Let me know what size ones you wanted or needed... Remember it's only the one side though so you'd still need to other side of the connectors, and the plugs as well....

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Jeremy hooked me up. The Mazda and the jeep are done and they work perfectly. Waiting for time to do my girlfriends Volkswagen. Then we will be set! Jeremy even fixed a few electrical issues I was having with my doors and locks on my jeep! Stellar installer for sure.

Thanks. Let me know when ya want to knock the vw out. Glad I was able to help.

I have the next few weekends open if anyone is looking to get a remote start installed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info