Who drives there L in the winter?

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Reaction score
Like the title says...Who drives there L in the winter?

If you do what rims or tire combination do you all use?

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
I do. I'm on the stock 18s with the hankook ventus 295/45/18 tires. Not the best snow combo. I have 420lbs of sand in the bed, and haven't had any problems yet. I'm looking for a nice set of 16s or 17s, but I haven't found anything I can afford right now. As long as you don't drive like an ass, everything will be fine.

2003RedL

Reaction score
I have a set of winterforce snow tires on a set of Cragar rims.
No extra weight required

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
I have a set of winterforce snow tires on a set of Cragar rims.
No extra weight required
If I had better wheels/tires, I'd probably get rid of some of the weight. maybe drop it down to 300lbs. Its killing my MPG. But better safe than sorry for now

2003RedL

Reaction score
the winter tires are killing my mileage too.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
do u have factory leaf springs? I was looking at switching to fiberglass leaf springs because they save about 80lbs, but IDK if that will reduce my payload capacity.

zenriddles

Orange Man GOOD ! ! !
Reaction score
I do. I have Good Year A/S truck tires on it. They don't do anything particularly bad, they don't do anything particularly good, either.

With the 4:10 - 1 gears, gas mileage is a given - poor, year round. :-(

OP
jvert

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Reaction score
I do. I'm on the stock 18s with the hankook ventus 295/45/18 tires. Not the best snow combo. I have 420lbs of sand in the bed, and haven't had any problems yet. I'm looking for a nice set of 16s or 17s, but I haven't found anything I can afford right now. As long as you don't drive like an ass, everything will be fine.
Looks like I am going to buy hankook ventus 295/45/18 tires. Just in case I have to take the L out in the snow/winter this year. I only have drag radials on there now and dont want to kill myself or anyone else. Lets just hope I dont have to take her out this winter.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to buy hankook ventus 295/45/18 tires. Just in case I have to take the L out in the snow/winter this year. I only have drag radials on there now and dont want to kill myself or anyone else. Lets just hope I dont have to take her out this winter.
If ur staying with all season tires on the 18s, the hankook ventus are hard to beat. theyre cheap, and they work pretty good. You should be more than fine if you only have to take the truck out here and there

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Reaction score
I hopefully should be picking up 17" stock f150 rims with Snow tires from a dude near chitown.

YAY.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Reaction score
Just tried to take off my stock wheels and even at 90PSI my pneumatic impact wrench was unable tog get my stock lug nuts off. WTF OVER? Guess I'll drive to a tire place and have them do it.2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom