Where you all downloading your movies and shows from these days?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Oh well. I'll really only have it on when I'm downloading movies and such overnight.
All that matters is you are getting decent speeds on the torrent downloading side, all vpns will take a speed hit due to the encryption and extra route.. With proton make sure to use P2P VPN connections or it will switch you over during downloads.

Reactions: Mook

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
I want to get some Usenet accounts so I can use sonarr/radarr . I already use Plex and Omni for requests. The goal is to automate it.
I tried using Usenet but couldn't get it working. I couldn't figure it out. I was going for full automation, I know you can use sonarr/radarr with torrents but will all the different tags they put on I don't know how well it would work so I didn't really try.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I tried using Usenet but couldn't get it working. I couldn't figure it out. I was going for full automation, I know you can use sonarr/radarr with torrents but will all the different tags they put on I don't know how well it would work so I didn't really try.
Yeah I don't understand how the naming works. I do that all manually because of all the shit they add to file names on torrents.... xHdjf.x265.1080p.annoying.mp4

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Yeah I don't understand how the naming works. I do that all manually because of all the shit they add to file names on torrents.... xHdjf.x265.1080p.annoying.mp4
First you can use sonarr and radarr with torrents.. I still use sickgear for shows. All of these renames the file and moves them for you via nzbget

Usenet is just a ton easier and I don't have to worry about seeding/ratios etc. I pay like 80 bucks a year for unlimited downloads via astraweb.

Sonarr/Radarr/Sickgear search an indexer (NZBgeek in my case) find the NZB, send it to NZBget. It gets downloaded then post processing occurs and the files are automatically moved to their specific folders. Then they send an alert to Plex and it shows up on the tv ready to watch.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Is Usenet even worth it these days though? I stopped using it years ago because of the big crackdown they had on providers.
Usenet became worthless because all the content was deleted almost immediately after it was posted.
Trying to download anything would result it multiple parts or the whole thing coming back as "deleted".
Has this changed?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Is Usenet even worth it these days though? I stopped using it years ago because of the big crackdown they had on providers.
Usenet became worthless because all the content was deleted almost immediately after it was posted.
Trying to download anything would result it multiple parts or the whole thing coming back as "deleted".
Has this changed?

Kind of why automation is so key. Only tv shows I had some issue with was Game of thrones. As long as the automation picks up movies within 2-3 days I get the stuff.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well this is some confusing bullshit. Been using Proton free because they gave me a 7 day trial of all features. That expired and jack shit would connect anymore. So I figured since I was actually using it, I may as well pony up for Basic. Connections are not stable....it keeps connecting me to an Illinois spot that kicks me off. And now I keep getting an error saying maximum connections reached.

All but like 2 connections worked, the rest turned off my internet.

I'm about to rapid request a refund. This is some bullshit.

Edit: ya, it keeps trying this Illinois server and once it connects, I no longer have internet. I'm so confused. Shouldnt PAYING for an upgrade means it works better?

Edit: I'm able to jump to a CA spot when I manually select. Its the quick connect that is steaming pile of shit. Oh well, its working now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info