When looking to buy a car thats 30k+, how important is interior?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
You're being professional

[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]'s always professional bruh

I think it's a fair evaluation when talking used to used. When new, a $50,000 S3 interior isn't much different than a base model A3. That's why you let some schmuck lease a new one and then buy it used. Though I still prefer the R's steering weight compared with the S3's Ivan-Stewart's-Super-Off-Road steering responsiveness.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
First off R interior is better hands down.

Secondly, interior quality and materials is my number one selling point in a car. I spend so much time in a car it better be nice and not be cheaply made. I can't tell you how many cars I had my eye on only to sit in them at the auto show and instantly get turned off by hard plastic :squint: Looking at you Ford :squint:

It is amazing how so many 'luxury' brands have garbage interiors. My MK6 GTI was phenomenal and they stuck with it on the R. VW has always done a nice interior for the price.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
If its a daily I definitely want something I can enjoy spending my time in. Like its been touched on already, I think for me the most important thing is the seats. If you get a car with shit seats, it doesnt matter what else it does, you're gonna be miserable the whole time driving it. Steering wheel probably comes in close 2nd.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Incredibly important to me.

All I buy these days are trucks, but the trucks are typically pretty loaded up if I’m buying them for myself. I live in these things, a typical day for me is 100-300 miles and 1,100-1,500 mile trips are pretty common as well, so a nice stereo, heated/cooled seats, etc are great to have when you kinda live in these things.

My dually I've been driving now in between "newer" trucks is pretty sparse and the seats could definitely use a re foam at the very least. Still has power everything and an aux cord so it's not bad, but, I can't wait for it to go back to being a hauler and get myself into something with comforts.

Here's what my F350's interior was like. Still a lot of hard plastic, but, plenty comfortable seats, great stereo, navigation, live dopplar radar, etc. I guess aside from the seats, I don't care too too much if the dash and door panels aren't soft touch, as long as it's quiet, comfortable as a lazy boy and sounds like a movie theater with music cranking.

2013_ford_super_duty_platinum_21_1600x1200.jpg

2013_ford_super_duty_platinum_26_1600x1200.jpg

2013_ford_super_duty_platinum_27_1600x1200.jpg

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Incredibly important to me.

All I buy these days are trucks, but the trucks are typically pretty loaded up if I’m buying them for myself. I live in these things, a typical day for me is 100-300 miles and 1,100-1,500 mile trips are pretty common as well, so a nice stereo, heated/cooled seats, etc are great to have when you kinda live in these things.

My dually I've been driving now in between "newer" trucks is pretty sparse and the seats could definitely use a re foam at the very least. Still has power everything and an aux cord so it's not bad, but, I can't wait for it to go back to being a hauler and get myself into something with comforts.

Here's what my F350's interior was like. Still a lot of hard plastic, but, plenty comfortable seats, great stereo, navigation, live dopplar radar, etc. I guess aside from the seats, I don't care too too much if the dash and door panels aren't soft touch, as long as it's quiet, comfortable as a lazy boy and sounds like a movie theater with music cranking.

Your's doesn't seem as bad in the pictures as I remember them all being. It was a Platinum right?

I always remember back when I was detailing cars anything Ford Truck or Dodge had the same interior whether it was work truck trim or loaded. The dash and panels all looked and felt work truck. The only difference was if it had carpet or leather seats.

Even at the auto show I sat in a bunch of F150s (I really want to like them but that hard plastic kills it) but it just doesn't feel in the same ball park amenity and comfort wise compared to a Sierra to me.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Your's doesn't seem as bad in the pictures as I remember them all being. It was a Platinum right?

I always remember back when I was detailing cars anything Ford Truck or Dodge had the same interior whether it was work truck trim or loaded. The dash and panels all looked and felt work truck. The only difference was if it had carpet or leather seats.

Even at the auto show I sat in a bunch of F150s (I really want to like them but that hard plastic kills it) but it just doesn't feel in the same ball park amenity and comfort wise compared to a Sierra to me.

It was pretty much the same. You got better door card inserts and obviously more options but there wasn’t much difference lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info