When looking to buy a car thats 30k+, how important is interior?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Having a discussion (well, kind of) with a FB warrior and I made the point that at a price point of 30k+, interior (for me at least) play an important part, especially the older I get.

So my question is this...if you're shopping for a car that is 30k+, does interior quality impact your decision to buy one car over another?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i think so, you guys talking new or used? and only quality or features too?

i mean my truck was in that price range, and while gm's "interior quality" blows huge dong in everything they made/make, especially trucks, i still really wanted leather and not cloth and wasn't going to settle in that aspect.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Used or new. In this particular case (FB), used.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Most definitely. I also found that since I have aged, I enjoy a nicer place inside of the vehicle. If I spent around 20k on a used one I would be much more likely to compromise on that, but would also be planning ways to improve the interior.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
out of curisosity, what's their argument?

they'd take a manual vinyl bench seat without headrests if it had 900hp?

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's actually something that I didn't care too much about before, but the more and more I look at new cars, it's something that bugs me a lot. If I'm spending $30k+, the interior shouldn't feel cheap.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
out of curisosity, what's their argument?

they'd take a manual vinyl bench seat without headrests if it had 900hp?
Someone posted a 15 Golf R for sale ad and laughed at the price. I trolled a bit and then someone came in and said a Golf R (used) costing more than a S3 (used) is ridiculous. I then pointed out that having sat in both, the R interior is vastly superior...to which he replied " So interior makes it worth more?"...to which I then replied "What makes an S3 worth more? The Audi badge...? Please. I'd happily pay more for a nicer interior since ya know, thats where I spend my time when driving a car."

Its been a slow day at work.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
For the Mustang, I didn't really care too much about the interior, not that it's really either really good or really bad. But for my DD, I wanted something really nice.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
It of course depends on the car too...if you're buying something purely for speed and the fun factor, interior is likely going to play less of a roll....but since the R is my DD and fun car, I didnt want to compromise.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
The interior, to me at least, is very important.

If I didn't like the interior based on a certain amount of spending I'd be spending, especially if it was on the higher side, it would probably be a deal breaker.

lastls1

Reaction score
Interior quality is huge. At least for me. Types of material used, overall layout, tech available, and SEAT COMFORT.

Example: is everything cheap plastic? Or are there alcantara accents or suede. Does it feel solid?

That is probably one of the biggest for me. I’m 6”4. Comfort and how I fit is huge.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Depends on the type of car obviously. If I am buying a sports car, I can overlook interior flaws for raw performance (Example: Corvette). If I am buying a luxury car, I feel like a nice interior is make or break. I would overlook certain makes like Cadillac as the interior quality isn't there, but them again if I was looking at V's I'd go back to my first point further confusing the subject lol.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty important to me actually. The materials need to be easily digestable by a pitbull

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
what the fucking fuck

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea he's car aggressive and constantly licks and then shreds if he works his muzzle off

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION], what is your opinion on the S3 vs R interior?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a 15 Golf R for sale ad and laughed at the price. I trolled a bit and then someone came in and said a Golf R (used) costing more than a S3 (used) is ridiculous. I then pointed out that having sat in both, the R interior is vastly superior...to which he replied " So interior makes it worth more?"...to which I then replied "What makes an S3 worth more? The Audi badge...? Please. I'd happily pay more for a nicer interior since ya know, thats where I spend my time when driving a car."

Its been a slow day at work.
Oh. So car group Facebook retards. Got it.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Does the R come with a version of Audi's Virtual Cockpit? I know that it's starting to trickle down into VW's new models like the Atlas.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Does the R come with a version of Audi's Virtual Cockpit? I know that it's starting to trickle down into VW's new models like the Atlas.
The digital dash? I believe the 18/19s get it now (both R and GTI I think). The MK7.5

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
It of course depends on the car too...if you're buying something purely for speed and the fun factor, interior is likely going to play less of a roll....but since the R is my DD and fun car, I didnt want to compromise.
I think that's where my stance is too.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Yes

Comfort, whether cloth or leather.
Minimal blind spots
Steering wheel controls
Prefer to not deal with a PITA touch screen

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION], what is your opinion on the S3 vs R interior?
Surprisingly equal as far as materials and fitment. The S3 is of course a low-end Audi, and the R is the high-end VW. Of those two, it's likely a choice of style and which one you prefer. People often confuse styling preference with quality. Something can be simply styled but with high-quality materials (Tesla interiors, for example), or overly stylistic with cheap materials (Alfa interiors).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom