What's for Christmas Dinner?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm cooking some pork carnitas tonight. Will probably serve it for dinner tomorrow. Had to pick up some lard to get that authentic Mexican flavor. Man, the house smells good.

Sunday, Christmas Eve, we're going to a friend's party and he's having the event catered. Hoping for something tasty.

Christmas is the piece de resistance. I'm doing a brisket on the Weber with fruit wood chips to give it some smoke flavor. Can't overpower it with hickory or Amy won't eat it.

You guys have plans?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm smoking a turkey, it's exciting

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I make rouladen just like my Oma (grandma) made them.

Thin cut beef, bacon, onions, salt, and pepper rolled up and tied. It gets cooked in a bag with some water and spices. Traditionally it includes a pickle but seems most people we are eating with don't like the pickle.

Then add sides of potato dumplings, red cabbage (with sugar), corn, and carrots.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
We are going to families houses. However i have a ham I want to smoke after Christmas still need to figure that out

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score

Got about 10 adults coming over today. Got the ham in the cooler, mashed taters, green bean casserole, cheater mac and cheese, stove top stuffing, and red lobster biscuits. Should be interesting

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
You should use a piece of wood on those clamps so you don't dent your cooler

AWDCD3

Reaction score
Bacon wrapped turkey breast stuffed with oranges and shallots. Roasted with baby carrots. Homemade stuffing and cranberry sauce.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just using a cooler on hand to reheat the ham. Don't want the oven on all day

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Haha nah. Just using the immersion cooker to heat it back up

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread.

For Christmas dinner:
Lobster tails
Crab legs
Bunch of sides
And some other form of meat (roast maybe)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Man, if you guys have never made pork carnitas, do it sometime. I made an entire pork butt 1/2 so I have plenty. Decided to have a snack after having this for dinner and it's even more phenomenal after the flavors have blended in the fridge for a while. The pork flavor from the orange and spices is complex where the flavor keeps hitting as you chew. The tomatillo/jalapeno salsa is great. I sort of followed this recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2y17BsySg

I added cumin and a LOT of salt. Didn't have Mexican Coke so I used Raw (I think it's called Turbinado or Raw in grocery stores) sugar. Needed the salt to compensate for the sweetness in the pork from the sugar and orange. I also drizzled the tacos with lime. Chopped onions are a must. They balance the flavors with bursts of onion. Hide them in there or tell your kids to eat them or else. :smile: You can heat up a pan and fry the tortillas then use the same pan with a little oil to caramelize the pork just to the point that some of the pieces have browned sides. I put a little Sriracha on it, too, but decided I like it better without it This pic's from dinner. The snack had no Sriracha and more onions. So good.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score

15 lbs brisket. I just put it on the smoker now

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
We celebrate both today and tomorrow.

Today we go celebrate Mexican style with my kids God Parents family in the city.
Homemade Lechon (pork), tamales, Mexican rice, beans and hot dog soup, salsa and bunch of other shit.

Tomorrow we celebrate at home.
Honey Baked ham, smoking a bone in turkey breast, homemade broccoli/rice casserole, stuffing, and rolls.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Two prime rib roast, salmon filet, shrimp, and my wife makes this awesome balsamic salad.

Miss Esa

Smash the system!
Reaction score
Tonight is the feast of seven fishes - there are crab legs, muscles, oysters, scallops, and a bunch of other seafood items. Tomorrow is turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, and other sides.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom