🚘 Automotive whatd you do for your car today.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm looking at a car with a no-start condition tomorrow. My buddy (current owner) thinks it's a fuel pump. Instead of roping in another friend to tow it to my house, I might just try to rig it up to drive. I had been hoarding this busted fuel pump for a few years. My dumbass dropped it while trying to unpack it and broke the nipple/check valve off. I couldn't get myself to throw it away, so here I am now trying to finally make it useful.
1679677493113.png

sooooo there isn't as much material there to drill as I hoped. :ROFLMAO:
1679677535786.png

but I was able to thread a nipple into that gaping hole without issue. The "thread sealer" should take care of the rest. :ROFLMAO:
1679677696437.png

holy fuck this is dumb, but hey. Free fuel pump. Should get the car home if the fuel pump is in fact the problem.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Oil and rotated tires on both the Exploder and F150. This was the 2nd oil change I’ve done and I forgot some fuckstick uggadugga’d the drain bolt and stretched it before we owned it.

View attachment 160108

Did plugs on the Explorer. Gotta say, for 90k original plugs, they looked pretty good. It’s nuts how much power this stupid car has. Roll into it from 45 and surprise, 90.

View attachment 160107

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I went with the "Type-M" mounting bracket, as its the same setup as the eBay fog lights used, that the custom brackets on the car were originally made for.

They're not a direct drop in replacement for my vehicle. All the factory fog light mounts were broken off when I got the car.

ebay:
View attachment 156405
Diode Dynamics type-M:
View attachment 156406
Update?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Got a wicked shimmy under braking on the Focus RS. Obviously a warped rotor, not sure which one, and I don't have a dial to measure the runout. I could probably buy one, but eh.

I just did the rear pads 2 years ago, and the front pads last year, so I've got plenty of pad left, I just don't feel like bedding them to new rotors, so gonna replace the pads too.

The rotors feel smooth to the touch, no grooves, but the vibration under braking is bad, car isn't jerking left/right, wheel doesn't shimmy.

But still, ouch, this is just me doing work, no labor.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
G1FZ-1125-A​
Rotor​
$87.46​
2​
$174.92​
G1FZ-2C026-A​
Brake Rotor​
$96.28​
2​
$192.56​
G1FZ-2001-A​
Brake Pads Front​
$73.00​
1​
$73.00​
FU2Z-2V200-F​
Disc Brake Pad Set Rear​
$52.41​
1​
$52.41​

Subtotal: $492.89​
Estimated Shipping via Standard Shipping: $102.47​
Tax: $37.21​
Total: $632.57​

• Yikes
Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Got a wicked shimmy under braking on the Focus RS. Obviously a warped rotor, not sure which one, and I don't have a dial to measure the runout. I could probably buy one, but eh.

I just did the rear pads 2 years ago, and the front pads last year, so I've got plenty of pad left, I just don't feel like bedding them to new rotors, so gonna replace the pads too.

The rotors feel smooth to the touch, no grooves, but the vibration under braking is bad, car isn't jerking left/right, wheel doesn't shimmy.

But still, ouch, this is just me doing work, no labor.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
G1FZ-1125-A​
Rotor​
$87.46​
2​
$174.92​
G1FZ-2C026-A​
Brake Rotor​
$96.28​
2​
$192.56​
G1FZ-2001-A​
Brake Pads Front​
$73.00​
1​
$73.00​
FU2Z-2V200-F​
Disc Brake Pad Set Rear​
$52.41​
1​
$52.41​

Subtotal: $492.89​
Estimated Shipping via Standard Shipping: $102.47​
Tax: $37.21​
Total: $632.57​
That shipping is brutal, but understandable.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That shipping is brutal, but understandable.
Yeah, I looked around for something better.

But anything decent aftermarket is nigh impossible, or significantly more expensive for a not much better part.

I would have gone with the EBC Gen3 rotors, but literally they are not in stock ANYWHERE.

The Stoptechs are known the Focus RS forums to have QC issues, and I didn't feel like sending a rotor back if it was shit and doing the job twice.

So I just went with the Ford OEM stuff, which honestly, is perfectly fine, even under track conditions as long as I have good fluid.

But yeah, the $100 for shipping is painful.

Autozoo duracrap could have been cheaper, and certainly wouldn't have had any shipping charges, but I'd never want to track it with a aftermarket cheapo rotor.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yeah, I looked around for something better.

But anything decent aftermarket is nigh impossible, or significantly more expensive for a not much better part.

I would have gone with the EBC Gen3 rotors, but literally they are not in stock ANYWHERE.

The Stoptechs are known the Focus RS forums to have QC issues, and I didn't feel like sending a rotor back if it was shit and doing the job twice.

So I just went with the Ford OEM stuff, which honestly, is perfectly fine, even under track conditions as long as I have good fluid.

But yeah, the $100 for shipping is painful.

Autozoo duracrap could have been cheaper, and certainly wouldn't have had any shipping charges, but I'd never want to track it with a aftermarket cheapo rotor.
Double check with your local O'Reilly's. I think they also carry Motorcraft parts and wouldn't charge you shipping to the store. But like you said, they might be out-of-stock. Also, check with your local Ford Dealer, maybe they'd offer you a wholesale style price for over the counter parts buying.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Or RockAuto has the Power Stop Z26 kit for $405.79, they charge you shipping, but Power Stop has always been decent shit. And I think there's a RockAuto discount code floating around on TCG too.

POWER STOP K731926 Z26 Street Warrior; Includes Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Pads & Hardware Info
One of our most popular parts

Front And Rear

Part image
$405.79

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Or RockAuto has the Power Stop Z26 kit for $405.79, they charge you shipping, but Power Stop has always been decent shit. And I think there's a RockAuto discount code floating around on TCG too.

POWER STOP K731926 Z26 Street Warrior; Includes Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Pads & Hardware Info
One of our most popular parts

Front And Rear

Part image
$405.79
I won't touch drilled/slotted rotors. POS shit I've seen develop cracks under hard use way too much.

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
Changed PTU oil for the second time in my Escape at 83k miles.

I want to find time to change the plugs and belts soon (alternator and accessories).

View attachment 167061
Planning on doing this on the wife's Ecoboost Explorer. Reading people add an extended line and fill through vent instead of taking the cat off to gain access. Also reading this way fluid gets everywhere.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Planning on doing this on the wife's Ecoboost Explorer. Reading people add an extended line and fill through vent instead of taking the cat off to gain access. Also reading this way fluid gets everywhere.
Don't know if it's different than SHO but I have no issues with a straw line and a hand pump sitting on top of a bottle of lube.

Slippery Pete Fluid Pump for QUART BOTTLES - Transfer Gear Oil, Transmission and Differential Fluid With This 5cc Hand Pump (NOT FOR Red Line Quarts!) (1) https://a.co/d/ai6F4sw

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
No before and after picture ???
The before pic would look like a smokers window that was never cleaned. I don’t smoke but the tint was so faded it looked like a black tar covered window that makes everyone cringe.
After pic looks like a black window on a black Escalade in a poorly lit garage (that I need to finish painting).

IMG_4463.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Re-tinted my front two windows and used the garbage bag method to pull the old tint off (makes it SOOOOO much easier). Old stuff was cheap garbage, new stuff is ceramic.

View attachment 169060
How’s this garbage bag method work? I need to pull some purple ass tint off some windows for my k5

Reactions: HeavyG and 093LZ

Thread Info