whatd you do for your car today.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
No tears. 30k miles and 2 1/2 years was enough for me with the SVTF. Got rid of it so I didnt have to drive it out to Colorado when I move there in 2 weeks. Once I get out there it’ll be time to shop for a new car :bigthumb:
61gBJ%2BWN1-L._SX463_.jpg

:s00ls:

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Time for new tires again for the GTR. Nissan dealer was quoting 370,000 JPY (installed) which comes out to about $3400... Said to heck with that and tried with a local shop that is a Dunlop distributor. They told me that there was no stock available to them in the country and to either get them from Nissan or they could re-import a set but would have no guarantee on the age of the tires.

Did some shopping on yahoo auctions here and found a local set that was never installed and made in October 2018. Got them shipped to my house and then put all of them in the car (one in trunk and 3 in the seats, lol) and took it to the local shop yesterday. They charged me about $350 for everything including disposal fee, nitrogen fee, etc, etc. Guy there is a perfectionist.

Good news is that I saved around a grand for the trouble and it was definitely time to get the new ones on! Down to or past the wear indicators on all of them and the inside of the driver's side rear tire was toast - both steel and fiber were hanging out. There's a off ramp on the highway on the way home from work that I will regularly attack and I think it caused it.

Bad news is now it needs a set of pads and rotors.

IMG-5766_zps1h2uatmu.jpg~original

IMG-5767_zpsahalfr5d.jpg~original

IMG-5777_zps6ryjclrn.jpg~original

IMG-5775_zpsjslrtiy9.jpg~original

IMG-5776_zpsmff3a2ws.jpg~original

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Time for new tires again for the GTR. Nissan dealer was quoting 370,000 JPY (installed) which comes out to about $3400... Said to heck with that and tried with a local shop that is a Dunlop distributor. They told me that there was no stock available to them in the country and to either get them from Nissan or they could re-import a set but would have no guarantee on the age of the tires.

Did some shopping on yahoo auctions here and found a local set that was never installed and made in October 2018. Got them shipped to my house and then put all of them in the car (one in trunk and 3 in the seats, lol) and took it to the local shop yesterday. They charged me about $350 for everything including disposal fee, nitrogen fee, etc, etc. Guy there is a perfectionist.

Good news is that I saved around a grand for the trouble and it was definitely time to get the new ones on! Down to or past the wear indicators on all of them and the inside of the driver's side rear tire was toast - both steel and fiber were hanging out. There's a off ramp on the highway on the way home from work that I will regularly attack and I think it caused it.

Bad news is now it needs a set of pads and rotors.

IMG-5766_zps1h2uatmu.jpg~original

IMG-5767_zpsahalfr5d.jpg~original

IMG-5777_zps6ryjclrn.jpg~original

IMG-5775_zpsjslrtiy9.jpg~original

IMG-5776_zpsmff3a2ws.jpg~original

There were no other brand choices in a similar size you could have shipped?

Thread Info