what was your worst job?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Over 2 years as a dealership slave at Chicago Int'l trucks. Went there the other day to pick up parts, looks like a miserable dump even worse than it did when i left. Place had the atmosphere of a morgue. No wonder the turnover rate is so high. It's under different name now but, same exact shit.

[MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION]

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Was a parts manager at Autozone for a few months when I was 19ish. Worked at a store in a shitty area with shitty people. It sucked.

To this day, I absolutely despise this T-Pain/Jamie Foxx song because it played 50 times a day in that shitty store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8

that sucks. i can only imagine.

i worked at AZ in DG, then Darien a bit later.. but a total of about 4 years for AZ. had a blast until they switched store management to some broad from bolingbrook, and she brought her goons with her.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Wife and I sorta had a conversation about this when we were watching American Pie the other night and she asked if I ever went to Prom, to which I said NO, because m y friends or I could've cared less and secondly because I was usually working (not a shocker to her), and evolved to a similar conversation like this.

1) Another high school McDonald's employee. Overall I enjoyed it, got to make my own meals which were like half priced, so I always made my QPC's, on the side (those of you who worked there know what I'm talking about), all the cheese and pickles I wanted... :D However, when I transferred to a different location, which at the time was in Port Plaza mall in downtown Green Bay, on Sunday's during packer games, we were required to wear a packer shirt. Me, being from Chicago and a Bear fan, I refused and got written up.

2) Working for a mobile home seller in GB, going to all the used trailers all over NE Wisconsin that he had for sale and doing the yard work (mowing, trimming, etc). The actual mowing wasn't the bad part, it was driving his POS VW bread wagon van that broke down every hour and had maybe 30hp, again all over the GB area.

3) one of my post college jobs was at MetLife in Aurora. Hated it from day 1 as the job I ended up in, wasn't what was advertised.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Wife and I sorta had a conversation about this when we were watching American Pie the other night and she asked if I ever went to Prom, to which I said NO, because m y friends or I could've cared less and secondly because I was usually working (not a shocker to her), and evolved to a similar conversation like this.

1) Another high school McDonald's employee. Overall I enjoyed it, got to make my own meals which were like half priced, so I always made my QPC's, on the side (those of you who worked there know what I'm talking about), all the cheese and pickles I wanted... :D However, when I transferred to a different location, which at the time was in Port Plaza mall in downtown Green Bay, on Sunday's during packer games, we were required to wear a packer shirt. Me, being from Chicago and a Bear fan, I refused and got written up.

2) Working for a mobile home seller in GB, going to all the used trailers all over NE Wisconsin that he had for sale and doing the yard work (mowing, trimming, etc). The actual mowing wasn't the bad part, it was driving his POS VW bread wagon van that broke down every hour and had maybe 30hp, again all over the GB area.

3) one of my post college jobs was at MetLife in Aurora. Hated it from day 1 as the job I ended up in, wasn't what was advertised.

i heard at one point there was a stat where like 10% of americans had worked at mcdonald's. i always thought this was too generous of a number, but i also had met plenty of other people, and plenty of them pretty high up where they worked, who had also worked at mcdonald's.

apparently the 10% was actually too conservative!

McDonald's is also one of the country's biggest employers, with 420,000 workers at the end of 2014. Over its history, the fast-food chain has employed 1 in 8 Americans, according to an estimate in the book "Fast Food Nation."

Those include celebrities and successful business people, ranging from Amazon.com (AMZN) founder Jeff Bezos to pop singer Pink. Bezos told Fast Company that "one of the great gifts I got from that job is that I can crack eggs with one hand. My favorite shift was Saturday morning. The first thing I would do is get a big bowl and crack 300 eggs into it."

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I don't think I've had a crappy job. My first job, I waited tables for a few years. Some days I hated it if I had crappy customers, but for the most part it was a fun job.

I quit a job a couple years ago because I had no work/life balance. My cell phone never stopped ringing and it was the norm to be bringing my laptop home and working until midnight or later almost every night. I had global responsibility, so I was usually up at night so I could communicate with the other side of the world. I was also in grad school at the time, which made it worse. Running on 2 hours of sleep almost every night finally broke me. When I started calling in sick just so I could sleep a few hours, I knew it was time for a new job.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Someone said "no bad jobs, just bad employers" and this couldn't be more true. I love working in hotels but my boss at my last hotel in Anchorage was a fucking dolt. Very micro-managing which I don't do well with as well as being very cheap, in regards to wages and purchasing supplies/FF&E.

I'm also a high school McD's employee. I worked at a store in central MA which, at the time in the late 90s, was one of the busiest stores in New England. Also enjoyed ringing groceries at Stop & Shop but that's mostly because I worked with some awesome people.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info