đź’¦ Detailing What is in your car detailing tool chest?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Now that its (well was) getting warm out again, I'm back to hand washing my car. I know we have a few threads where we've been posting up products, etc...but might be good to have one singular thread where we post up everything we're using to keep our cars sparking clean - from washes, to polishes, to tool, towels, etc - without having sort through pages and pages of pictures and posts.

I'm looking for some in car air freshener spray. I bought "new car" from Chem Guys and it smells like garbage, huge letdown. What are you guys using for wheel brushes? Engine bay cleaner? My buddy bought some leather cleaner from Chem Guys, need to try that soon.

giphy.gif

I've been using the following with great results:

For wash -

Wash mitt, have had good success with it not messing up the paint -

Drying -

After wash -

Interior cleaner -

Tire shine (been using this but I think there are way better options) -

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Now that its (well was) getting warm out again, I'm back to hand washing my car. I know we have a few threads where we've been posting up products, etc...but might be good to have one singular thread where we post up everything we're using to keep our cars sparking clean - from washes, to polishes, to tool, towels, etc - without having sort through pages and pages of pictures and posts.

I'm looking for some in car air freshener spray. I bought "new car" from Chem Guys and it smells like garbage, huge letdown. What are you guys using for wheel brushes? Engine bay cleaner? My buddy bought some leather cleaner from Chem Guys, need to try that soon.

giphy.gif

I've been using the following with great results:

For wash -

Amazon product

Wash mitt, have had good success with it not messing up the paint -

Amazon product

Drying -

Amazon product

After wash -

Amazon product

Interior cleaner -

Amazon product

Tire shine (been using this but I think there are way better options) -

Amazon product

The best method for the engine bay is to clean it often. If you neglect it, it turns into a nightmare. I would shoot for wiping it down with QD every other wash MINIMUM.

For leather/all interior cleaning I use.....

For leather conditioning and great smellies.....

I have been moving away from tire shine, I have a love/hate relationship with it!

I use these brushes for the wheels.....

These guys to get the brake calipers, inside wheel barrels, and clean up the spokes.....

And this guy for the face of the wheels and bigger spoked areas.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and Mook

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I forgot good interior smells! I use this combo and it works very well.

Gel Can in one of the cup holders partial cracked open....

And a vent stick in each vent!

Reactions: Yaj Yak and DanJ

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The best method for the engine bay is to clean it often. If you neglect it, it turns into a nightmare. I would shoot for wiping it down with QD every other wash MINIMUM.

For leather/all interior cleaning I use.....

For leather conditioning and great smellies.....

I have been moving away from tire shine, I have a love/hate relationship with it!

I use these brushes for the wheels.....

These guys to get the brake calipers, inside wheel barrels, and clean up the spokes.....

And this guy for the face of the wheels and bigger spoked areas.

Using the same wheel brush combo plus a boars hair brush to get around the wheel lugs. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Yaj Yak and greasy

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I’ve had good experiences from the Adam’s line. I use their spray detailer, wax, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, tire cleaner, 2-step polish. I use an orbital buffer Jim ordered for me. Chem Guys microfibers for wax removal, and their other cloths for polish. Trying a new polishing pad on Gav’s recommendation. The Adam’s pads seemed overpriced.

Reactions: greasy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I too have Mr. Pink for general cleaning of things, and that microfiber mitt, and that waffle weave drying towel, tho I haven't used that in awhile. Switched up to an electric leaf blower a while back, which takes care of most of the water, then I clean all the remaining water spots w/ some homemade quick detail spray which is a mixture of carpro reload, ech20 waterless wash, and distilled water

I also use the Reload as a top coat to keep the paint protected, and in between that if I feel like it needs a little boost i'll use some Hydro2 lite while I'm washing. Spray on, wash off, super easy and instant results

Presoak gets CG honeydew snow foam thru CG foam gun

And Reset is used for the 2 bucket wash w/ the wash mitt

Tires usually get finished off with Meguiars endurance tire gel. Been using this stuff for yeeearrrs

That about covers the exterior.

The ceramic on my M235i could probably stand to be refreshed this year. Been thinking about trying out carpro Gliss.

Reactions: greasy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info