đź’¦ Detailing What is in your car detailing tool chest?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Reactions: greasy and IDAFC21

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I went to look on the garage shelf and have the following DIY, Weekend Warrior Car Detailer Supplies:

and Milwaukee job site radio to play the 60s/70s rock n roll

giphy.gif

;)

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Amazon product I bought this November of 2017 and haven't tried it yet. Would a 1600psi pressure washer be enough to create a decent foam? I've been looking for one closer to 2000 though

yes, it is enough, when washing a vehicle, 1000psi is what you are looking for. Foam is a result of the GPM. Most 1600 psi PW will be around 1.2 gpm
get a 1.1mm orifice for the foam cannon and you will be fine.
This is my current set up and it works

any recommendations for "leather" cleaner? like whatever the F my truck interior would be?

my driver seat has a spot on it, was there when i bought it, i just didn't notice it/think much of it at first. but it bugs me and i want it gone.

my "normal" stuff won't get rid of it.

Colour lock for leather care

Reactions: Yaj Yak

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Detailing the Hellcat over the next couple days. Decon, light polish, and seal. Last year I used the Griot’s Garage Paint Cleaning Clay and it was an awful experience. I’m not sure if the clay was bad or what, but it was literally melting all over my fingers. I picked up the Griot’s Garage Brilliant Finish Synthetic Clay scrubber. Man so easy to use during the wash process and saves a boat load of time. Now onto polishing!

C985660D-79D0-4EFB-90A8-79FFE2B4CBA8.jpeg

98F2DC13-FEAB-42A7-AF80-E0031CC01822.jpeg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Washed all 3 Fords yesturday. Not supposed to rain.

:fu: Yep its fucking raining out today.

Car got a wash and coated with some mothers CMX ceramix spray wax. Hope next wash takes a little less time.

Also this snapon electric pressure washer I got with the built in soap bottle kicks ass.

Foam down the car.
Quick once over with a microfiber sponge to loosen up the dirt.
Twist sprayer wand to rinse.
Spray car down with CMX 1 panel at a time dry and done.

:)

Only downside is daaaaaaaamn that snapon pressure washer goes through the foam soap FAST!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Didn't you just polish this thing ?
maybe the mitt on the concrete is a bad idea :unsure:

Dude get off it already, you are starting to sound like a hater. The car has been driven hard the past few thousand miles since my last detail. And there are some areas that needed attention from me working on the car.

Reactions: The Beast

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yes, it is enough, when washing a vehicle, 1000psi is what you are looking for. Foam is a result of the GPM. Most 1600 psi PW will be around 1.2 gpm
get a 1.1mm orifice for the foam cannon and you will be fine.
This is my current set up and it works

Colour lock for leather care

any product in particular from them?

ill post a pic of what im talking about here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info