What do you daily drive?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Either a Camaro Z28 or the Ecoboost Mustang... I randomly swap between the two all year around. Camaro gets 14-15 mpg.. EB mustang gets 22-24mpg on the daily drive which is all city driving. At this point with the mods they are both right around the 330-350 rwhp range but the EB has wayy more low end torque and handles great. Camaro just sounds pissed off angry fun and it has T-tops. I'd buy either one again no questions asked but right now the EB mustang has the upper hand because Turbo.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I have car ADD and haven't had a true "fun car" in a long time. I tried doing the whole race car/DD all in 1 thing but it just doesn't work.

Right now I DD a '15 Chevy volt. I love techy cars and obviously this thing doesn't disappoint. For lifetime fuel economy I'm at 173mpg, much like a sore dick you can't beat it. Would I buy one again? Well I'd have one again. It actually drives well and checks all the right boxes for features you want in a DD, but it is pretty expensive. I'd definitely lease one again, but probably not buy simply because even though nothing major never really happens with these cars, if a battery or trans went out and the warranty was expired I'd likely have to donate a kidney to pay for it.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Exploder is winter beater

explo_zpsexaprbc1.jpg

SS is summer daily

tree_zpsnny45zha.jpg

Cobra is wanna be racecar

skank_zpsrnu2s6st.jpg

Love and hate all for various reasons. Could have more practical cars but im young, dumb and YOLO :fy:

Deep pockets [emoji106]?[emoji6]

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
Because then they would have to admit whether or not they would own the POS again! ;) German Engineering sucks balls. I have an Audi so I can say that without getting flamed too much. :bigthumb: I will say this: I will never own another VW/Audi unless it is under warranty.
Your only hating cause u own probably the worst S4 built in many aspects!
I would be angry:s00ls:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Your only hating cause u own probably the worst S4 built in many aspects!
I would be angry:s00ls:

Hardly. No "hating", but rather calling it like I see it. I speak from personal VAG experience encompassing more than just my B6 S4. It's really a multitude of things and not just one single experience regarding only powertrain components.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
'15 Mazda 6. Needed a cheap car quick after my 200k mile winter beater called it quits. Great gas mileage, sort of the enthusiast's version of the boring family sedans (couldn't find a manual Accord Sport).

Really itching for another car. Doesn't help that all my neighbors have a toy or two. Or three. Just on my cul-de-sac alone: Lotus Elise, M3, C6 Vette, MKIV Supra turbo, two 3000GT VR4s, RX7 with a 2jz, S4 Avant, 350Z Nismo. Like living on a Fast and Furious movie set hearing turbos and waste gates constantly.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Don't forget Mercedes and BMW

Audi is by far the worst in my opinion. Everything is engineered to break because they seem to put the same grade of components in the $130,000 cars as they do in the $20,000 cars. The worst horror stories you hear are generally in reference to Audis. The same can be said for BMW and Mercedes I'm sure but there are plenty of BMWs and Mercedes you could safely own out of warranty if you're a competent wrench. Any E60 sans the M5 is a pretty safe bet, the E90/ E92 3 series, apparently the mid-2000's S class mercedes are solid, especially the powertrain.

VAG as a whole has a tendency to make things as cheap as they can regardless of the brand and I say that as someone who's a huge Audi fan boy. They use cheap plastic that apparently doesn't age well. You'd be surprised at how many of the common problems with the A8's were just a result of cheap plastic. Just off the top of my head you have HVAC issues, flaps in the intake, flap actuators on the front of the intake, trunk motor gears, trunk latch gears, etc that all broke as a result of shitty plastic. I can appreciate that a feature laden high tech car is going to break down more often than a Ford however when all the stuff that's breaking is the same stuff found in that Ford and not the high tech stuff that's an issue. That's VAG.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info