Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I guess to correctly answer:

I split my time between two vehicles and a road bike.

04 wrx. Get somewhere in the 25mpg range driving casual city driving. Annoyingly would buy another turbo Subaru. Probably not a wrx though.

85 m1009 cucv blazer. Gets like 18-20mpg's with the turbo installed. Would annoyingly buy again.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
08 ISF. beat on daily and keeps on taking it like a champ.

Attachments

• isf and notch garage pic resized.jpg
    isf and notch garage pic resized.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 120

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I was going to get a saab last year but I hear the repairs are expensive and they weren't reliable. hmm. Guess I'll reconsider.
How do you like the escape?

I actually really enjoy it. It's really just a saab'd up GM. One of my favorite interiors for a mid 2000's car and drives just as well - feels somewhat sporty.

I have an electrical gremlin with the ignition, but nothing major. Oh and my fuel sending unit took a crap. I just fill up after 325 miles. If Saab were still around, I would contemplate buying another.

We like the Escape, it's simplicity is its greatest asset - coming from our SRX before the escape. Mine has eaten through a good set of Goodyear's though, cupped the rear tires really badly...

Both of our cars are California craigslist specials with just over 110k each. I drive mine across town and back to the metra station and my wife errands around town in the escape. Both do their jobs just fine.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Up until not too long ago, daily three-season beater was the '04 skittle. Did everything I asked of it and could blow the doors off of 7/8 of the shit it ran into on the highway. Mileage sucked on the face-raping ethanol maps, though on 93 I got as good as 3x's on long haul expressway trips. I miss that hunk of shit something awful.

Now it's a 50/50 between the 98 Saturn SC2 (30-40MPGz, yo!) and the 99 XLT Ranger, with it's stupendous "Haha, fuck you" 12-15MPGs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info