Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Thats quite a hit.

People across the globe are stuck inside right now, which means that TV watching is reaching an all-time high. But apparently, not even quarantines and self-isolation were enough to boost the season premiere of Westworld. The numbers are in, and they reveal that the Westworld season 3 premiere ratings were down 57% from the season 2 premiere. The twisty, somewhat confusing season 2 seemed to frustrate many viewers – and it looks like that frustration has translated into alienation.

Variety is reporting that the ratings for the Westworld season 3 premiere were considerably lower than season 2. The premiere, which aired Sunday, drew 901,000 total viewers to the live broadcast, which is 57% lower than season 2, which drew a total of 2.1 million. When you factor digital viewership into the mix, the new episode had 1.7 million viewers across HBO’s platforms.
However, there are other factors to take into consideration. Specifically, the premiere was competing with the latest Democratic debate. It’s also worth noting that while the numbers were down from season 2, the premiere was still one of the best for HBO so far this year, beating the premieres of The Outsider by 24% and Watchmen by 13%.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I am not all that surprised. Season 2 didn't seem to hold people like season 1 did as they said. Its also been a long break between seasons, and I didn't see a ton of promotion of the premier. I kept forgetting it was coming back, and I have been waiting for it. Also with everything going on, I think a lot of people are into full binge mode yet. I had no desire to watch TV on Sunday.

I think this season looks like its gonna be a good one. They definitely put in the effort to build and dress the world so far. Seems like it can get really nutty with how integrated robots and technology are.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I very much enjoyed this episode. I'm not a huge fan of Aaron Paul but I'm choosing to ignore that for the greater good. I'm very hopeful for the rest of this season.

Agreed on all fronts. Hopefully it is a bit more coherent this season and I don't have to look up someone's analysis to understand what I watched

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info