HBO / MAX Westworld [HBO]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
18 mins in and OK so far. Intro shows are usually slow. Gotta set the scene.

I see a GOT filming style on the landscapes.

In the '73 movie, Yul Brinner played the bald android. There's a twist here.

We're probably less than 100 years away from this being reality. Go on vacation and do whatever you want to whomever you want.

I wonder how they are going to explain what happens when guest fights guest? Would not be good for business if they're killing each other.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't know, it all just seemed to follow the outline of the show with no surprises: Theme park owners get complacent right before the robots become self-aware. Was hoping for something to happen that wasn't already in the 200-word series description. I'm bad with shows though and will bail if I'm not interested after a few episodes. There's so much good stuff out there that I'm not going to waste time watching a "build-up" season.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Possibilities:

Season 1 - Androids gain self awareness in Westworld

Season 2 - Androids in storage wake up

Season 3 - Battle between humans/androids

Season 4 - Battle continues

Season 5 - It's a tie between Future World and WestWorld 5: Bloodlines (extra SciFi geek points for understanding the references)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Also, do you think Michael Crichton worked at Disney when he was younger and got bullied by park patrons? What the fuck. This, Jurassic Park.
Some SciFi writers from the last century used to take a theme and write variations of that theme for decades. Kept money coming in without having to come up with new ideas.

Maybe Crichton wants to stick with what works for him?

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
definitely enjoyed the premiere. Reviewers that had early-access to the first four episodes say the show kind of gets muddled by too many plotlines after the pilot. I'm still going to watch this as really there isn't much else that is worth watching. Usually can only make time for 2-3 shows per week, this will be one of them for us this winter.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Possibilities:

Season 1 - Androids gain self awareness in Westworld

Season 2 - Androids in storage wake up

Season 3 - Battle between humans/androids

Season 4 - Battle continues

Season 5 - It's a tie between Future World and WestWorld 5: Bloodlines (extra SciFi geek points for understanding the references)
I have a feeling most of that will happen in season 1.

Ed Harris is the most intriguing character to me so far.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Ed Harris plays the Yul Brinner type character but he's not an android? It's worth watching the movie if you haven't seen it yet.

This guy has some interesting comments.

In the Westworld film, the Westworld theme park was next to Medieval World and Roman World. Is this the case with the TV show, as well? Will we have to wait until Season two2to find out? Or maybe they’ll just wait until Game of Thrones is done, and bring all of the sets and costumes from that over to Westworld to save money?

Westworld Premiere Questions: Is Ed Harris Human? | Collider

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info