Went to the Dyno on sunday...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
This car is FAR from it's full potential, whatever the hell is going on at 5400rpm's is sooo hindering what this car can see. The tune is extremely conservative. I have no doubt once all of this is sorted out this car will make 500whp on 93 and probably be limited on the fuel system with a higher octane.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Basic mod list...

T70
stock bottom end, heads, tb, f-body LIM and UIM etc
driver side TB due to turbo headers
3" d/p
TR10 IC, 3" piping through all
racetronix pump
80lb injectors
turbonetics racegate (forgot mm size)
130# springs
ST1 cam
stattama BOV (forgot mm size)

about all i can think of off the top of my head right now

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
Basic mod list...

T70
3" d/p
racetronix pump
Lots of love.
80lb injectors
130# springs
ST1 cam

you missed something.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Any reason why you wont run E70-E75 around this time of the year and just turn the boost down just curious? Also what are you doing for trans and axles are they stock as well or built?? Im pretty sure you have draglites with slicks right (I think?)

The stock axles themselves can take the abuse most of the time. The boots are what usually fail.

*edited for clarity*

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, it's surprising what the stock axles can take. We're pretty fortunate with the amount of power some of the factory stuff can take. Unfortunately there isn't a trans out there that can take the power over and over. Until someone steps outside the box and figures out a way to mate the 4t80 with our cars and also figures out how to build the shit out of them, we'll never have our version of a th400.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Any reason why you wont run E70-E75 around this time of the year and just turn the boost down just curious? Also what are you doing for trans and axles are they stock as well or built?? Im pretty sure you have draglites with slicks right (I think?)

what was already said, wanted to get a baseline on 93, still havent maxxed it out... then its simple conversion to e85 in the spring and go right on from where we left off at 93, plus, I know I'm going to run out of fuel with e85, so fuel system ideas/plans will need to be looked at over the winter

yea I have a set of full slicks/skinnies, axles should be fine, havent really ventured down that road yet

trans is fully built with just about everything you can, and cant find anymore lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Dyno graph is already on it's way down though, i really don't think it would continue making power anyways. Not saying your problem isn't a problem, but running it to 6200rpm's might not help make more power. IDK... you need an st5, that's like one of the few cams that makes power past 6k, all others die right around 5500-5600, our heads SUCK ass.

But damn nice numbers on pump and i'm assuming a very safe tune.

And one more question, did you buy the 130's new? I have an odd feeling you guys couldn't say for sure those are 130's. :io:
i really wish in the begining i had taken the time to drive it so i could feel exactly what kevin was talking about.
airflow is stalling, the fact the "pop" left when we removed that jerry rigged muffler, means the engine was basically its own EGR as its the exhaust side that was hanging open.
without it the motor airflow stalled quite smoothly as that chart shows
i cleaned and rebuilt a set of ~40k lifters for his car as his stockers had bit the dust with that oem cam, so lifter pumpup is also a good possibility, the aftermarket stock length pushrods did preload over .060 an all of them when i screwed down the rockers.
dd, hk and i are in agreement that the first and cheepest course is to swap out the rockers with oem, take some zero lash pushrod measurements with my pushrod checker and retest.
i know i have a set of 70k units that should have minimal pushrod cup wear for the comp pushrods they were heavier than stock but pushrod weight has less effect leverage wise than rocker nose weight.

Is the cam installed straight up? If you have a stock timing chain is it an L36 or L67?
reworked RM dbl installed straight up its a little cam and he was of the "imma drive this on the street all the time" mindset at that point, now he just botches about blowing the tires up all the time

Very nice, kev :bigthumb: glad to see you guys sorting through the issues.
since i had to kick it outta the garage because of the dodge we've been fighting this damn issue in one way or another, even at the track.
we had went through enough ignition system iterations that i was pretty damn sure it wasnt an ignition missfire, i really should have driven it, but we were slowly able to exclude things once a week when he could bring it up here, and i also did work in his driveway. wires, maf, we tried to eliminate everything we could before the dyno
the dyno let us do it much more rapidly and with a lot more legality :rofl:

This car is FAR from it's full potential, whatever the hell is going on at 5400rpm's is sooo hindering what this car can see. The tune is extremely conservative. I have no doubt once all of this is sorted out this car will make 500whp on 93 and probably be limited on the fuel system with a higher octane.
its in full effect at 5400 rpm's its rearing its head already much lower than that, boost pressure changed the rpms it occured at but airflow still stalled, MAP, maf all showed airflow was evening out. either the lifters were pumping up hanging the valves open or the rockers are just too heavy, hell it could be the springs just cant hold the ex backpressure (it'd be fairly easy to hook up a gauge if we need to)
the cheepest test option is oem rockers, hk and dd have told me they have come across other setups where this curred the problem.
yes def conservative, def needs a good reliable fuel system.
you skeered yet? :noes:
Its a pretty much stock motor though right? Or was their a cam install? I thought you were using the rockers from the previous build.
stock motor, cam and chain, cleaned up, modified windage tray, bypass delete, shimmed spring (bearings looked tired lol)
prev rockers were yt 1.9's we tossed on dd's set of 1.6 HS

The issue is that HK is running stock timing, half the boost as he could, and WOT AFR is safe as fuck. :amsoil:
yup

Basic mod list...

T70
3" d/p
racetronix pump
80lb injectors
130# springs
ST1 cam

stock as fuck

Junk. Nvm, won't make past 405whp with all that useless garbage.
:noes:

you missed something.
:rofl: at billy with the edit

Yeah, it's surprising what the stock axles can take. We're pretty fortunate with the amount of power some of the factory stuff can take. Unfortunately there isn't a trans out there that can take the power over and over. Until someone steps outside the box and figures out a way to mate the 4t80 with our cars and also figures out how to build the shit out of them, we'll never have our version of a th400.
thanks for the hint :jg:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
If the cam was installed straight up, it may work better retarded 2 degrees. With less power on the bottom with the cam retarded adding retarded ignition timing should help spool the turbo quicker, and the top end should scream.

we'll see how it does once it can run up top :roflpicard:

it'd be nice if we had good spark signal to the dyno so we could see how the tq curve was going, but oh well.

no one makes a dual pump unit, not enough room and not enough of a market, swaping to an external surge tank and a good pump is the best option. with a good pump the 80's should handle it to the limit of the turbo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info