Welp that's it, I'm out. Bye bye, IL!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You'll quickly lose your winter "hardness". :D

My sister is up here right now (from Orlando) as her father passed away last weekend and the first thing out of her mouth when I picked her up at O'Hare Monday night was "FUCK, it's cold! I don't miss this cold and snow..."

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Yeah there's about a billion reasons to leave. While the weather is near the top of my list, the taxes and shitty, corrupt state and local governments are probably my top 2 reasons. Add onto that the recent police "reform" bill and the fact that, if you defend yourself and your family against aggressors, you'll probably be the one prosecuted in IL, F it I'm out lol.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Congrats man. We made the move from IL to the Tampa area almost two years ago. Love the weather, the low taxes and all the neat place to go and things to do. I dont love the idiot drivers and the traffic. But thats really a tampa/orlando problem.

Get ready to pay a ton up front for all your utilities and tags for the cars and whatnot. That was a shock. The new tag for each car was $325 a piece and the utilities all charge a big deposit no matter what your credit looks like. You will see the other differences between here an IL, but you can bet being here is 100x better.

FYI its been unseasonably cold here for the last two months. Its not normal, but for your location it will be in the low to mid 60s mid day through most of the winter. But even down here in the tampa area near the sub tropic line, its been getting into the 40s over night and barely cracking 60 mid day.

But thats worlds better than snow and ice for 6 straight months. Welcome to the Sunshine state. You wont regret this move.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
FYI its been unseasonably cold here for the last two months. Its not normal, but for your location it will be in the low to mid 60s mid day through most of the winter. But even down here in the tampa area near the sub tropic line, its been getting into the 40s over night and barely cracking 60 mid day.
Saw that, was thinking of shooting down to Miami this weekend as there is a big rim racing event near West Palm.
Weather shows only high 60's thru out the weekend

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
How much is that ? MFuckers
Lol I have no idea but I ain't paying them shit. They can EAD it they think they're getting any alimony from this divorce

Not sure how much, But I think it was brought up in the "other" section about Illinois taxes. I wanna say in the JB the Hutt's tax increase proposal thread.

I want to say it was called an "Illinois Abandonment tax" or something along those lines.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
ZXMustang ZXMustang thanks for the info! I'm sure the move is gonna cost me a small fortune, but it's worth it. I despise IL lol

Shawn1112 Shawn1112 I work with my bro in law selling flight simulator equipment, currently. Been doing it remotely since October but he's based out of FL so moving there will allow me to do much more to grow the business, and the more value I can provide, the more he can afford to pay me. Very thankful to be in that position, honestly.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Welcome to the warm weather side! We Sold everything in the Chicago burbs, and moved to the Sarasota area on July 1st. Have not looked back. Nice weather, beach is under 10 mins from the house, good people down here, we have met a good amount of Chicago land and Midwest natives who made the move ( non retirement age ) and have been happy with the move.

weather recently has been colder here the last few weeks 60* days and 50’s nights, which should be back into the 70’s by late next week.

Recently lacrosse practice started up for our boys both club and high school, and practice is outside at night in January where everyone is wearing hoodies and jeans( next week in shorts lol ) it’s crazy to see this as the lacrosse season back home was very short and not in January, At the same sports outdoor complex youth baseball and youth soccer practices also going on.

wife and I and our friends down here ( mostly midwesterners ) never thought we would be outdoors as much as we are. We see people of all ages biking, walking, beaching, fishing ( which I think everyone but us has fishing rods ready to go in their cars ) boating etc... enjoying their surroundings and taking advantage of it all. Which is nice to see.

We always have something to do, see, or experience and for us, less then an hour or two drive takes us to our next adventure and three hours we can be in Miami or ft Lauderdale. Few weeks back we drove just under three hours up north to go snorkeling with manatees in a natural spring, in December. Crazy.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Welcome to the warm weather side! We Sold everything in the Chicago burbs, and moved to the Sarasota area on July 1st. Have not looked back. Nice weather, beach is under 10 mins from the house, good people down here, we have met a good amount of Chicago land and Midwest natives who made the move ( non retirement age ) and have been happy with the move.

weather recently has been colder here the last few weeks 60* days and 50’s nights, which should be back into the 70’s by late next week.

Recently lacrosse practice started up for our boys both club and high school, and practice is outside at night in January where everyone is wearing hoodies and jeans( next week in shorts lol ) it’s crazy to see this as the lacrosse season back home was very short and not in January, At the same sports outdoor complex youth baseball and youth soccer practices also going on.

wife and I and our friends down here ( mostly midwesterners ) never thought we would be outdoors as much as we are. We see people of all ages biking, walking, beaching, fishing ( which I think everyone but us has fishing rods ready to go in their cars ) boating etc... enjoying their surroundings and taking advantage of it all. Which is nice to see.

We always have something to do, see, or experience and for us, less then an hour or two drive takes us to our next adventure and three hours we can be in Miami or ft Lauderdale. Few weeks back we drove just under three hours up north to go snorkeling with manatees in a natural spring, in December. Crazy.

Yes all of this. We have three littles all in outdoor sports. Its a dream to be outside all the time in any month, enjoying the ultra blue skies and the warm breeze. I remember it snowing on us during spring outdoor baseball/softball and soccer for our kids back in IL. No more of that mess.

And being a car guy, this is the promised land. Im still on the hunt for my next car, and I wont ever have to "store it for winter" again. I have several local friends here now that daily drive ZO6's and other types of sports cars. There is no need to own a second truck or beater. Buuuuuuuuut. Make sure you call your car insurance provider and get your asshole ready for the pain of FL car insurance rates... They are easily 1.5x or more the cost from IL to here.

Reactions: GLIGTO

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
we have geico insurance currently, same coverage, same cars, and my insurance price here is the same as it was in in the burbs with american family, and I had a bundle with home, cars, umbrella and life with them. Went with Geico as my american family agent said they are one of the best down here. also florida is a no fault insurance state.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, as many here may know, I moved my Sister's side of the family from Portland, ME (Including my Mother who I had moved from Kenowhere to Portland about 2 years prior), to Orlando (well, Clermont).

Anyway, I'm out backing one of the trucks in the driveway and the neighbor across the street had seen my T-shirt that I was wearing, which was from one of the NHRA Nationals events at Route 66, and introduced himself. He was from DEEZUZ DEEZUZ land. He said the same thing. Fuck the weather up there, fuck the traffic, fuck the politics... :D

Reactions: DEEZUZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info