• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Well that didnt take long - noise from the trans area

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Called PTC, LS1tech's preferred converter shop of choice.

Guy also took quite awhile and talked about my options. Sold me on a 9.5" steel stator, reinforced fins, needle bearings, ballooning plates, computer balancing, limited warranty, furnance brazing, with hardened hub and splines for $900+ shipping.

It'll ship by the end of the week, or early next worse case.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Just got off the phone with Lenny@Ultimate. Hardest part of his deal is the three week lead time and then there's the price. It's not terribly much more than Performabuilt, but its still the highest price yet.

He took the time to talk to me and explain how I likely killed my old converter, how it likely contributed to the heat issue I was having and ALL about the converter he suggested. Seems like a good guy.

1 year warranty
10" converter case
1 free stall adjust if I'm unhappy with where it locks at initially
good to 1100wtq :eek4:
$1095

Damn I wish I had seen this earlier. Was not online much at all this weekend. I could have saved you money on the converter. Oh well.

Called PTC, LS1tech's preferred converter shop of choice.

Guy also took quite awhile and talked about my options. Sold me on a 9.5" steel stator, reinforced fins, needle bearings, ballooning plates, computer balancing, limited warranty, furnance brazing, with hardened hub and splines for $900+ shipping.

It'll ship by the end of the week, or early next worse case.

Did they say why a 9.5" converter over a larger one? If heat may have been a issue a larger converter would house more fluid to help cooling and control the converter better. Just talking aloud here. lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I must confess... I'm excited to see your car run @ PINKS :wackit:

I wouldn't get to excited. I am sure the tech guys at RT66 will not let me run 10.oh or faster with out my NHRA competition license. So gonna be a waste I am sure. The weather and timing sucked for me to actually get my license. Oh well. Be able to hang out and watch it all.

But I will be at Byron in a week or two making all out passes again. Hopefully get a new best out of it. Maybe even dip into the 8's before the converter change. That would be nice. lol

I've raced a very few cars so far... nothing has come close. So my ego is safe for now.

So I should stalk you at Lukes next week? :eek3: Would be bad for my ego if you pull on me. :rollpicard:

My TH350 had a funky noise in gear too, which would go away above about 1500 rpm.
I took it to a trans shop last week, and today they finished it, said the TC made the stator of the front pump go bad? I'm not that up on my terms for transmissions, something I lack knowledge on.
I had them replace the TC anyway just to be safe... they ended up rebuilding the trans to because supposedly there were metal shavings in it. Oh well lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info