We made it - Celebrating 10 Years of TCG

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Mike,

As a fellow TCG member, admin and good friend - I can say that this site and it's members have been very influential in my life in the time I've been here. I've had countless cars, some more notable than others, some were just a flash in the pan! :rofl:

Of course its the members of TCG that have been the most influential. Here are a few notable folks in my own humble estimation (forgive any folks I overlook, there's just too damn many):

First off, my thanks go out to the people who volunteer to moderate and help keep this place as sane as it can be within the rules and guidelines that makes TCG a special place above all other forums. Without you guys, [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], [MENTION=206]skeezer[/MENTION] and myself would have gone insane a long time ago.

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] for most active on TCG, being a good buddy and being the bad influence that convinced me to buy a boat! :rofl:
[MENTION=11595]Knowklew[/MENTION] [MENTION=11102]J-LO[/MENTION] & Jeff - best current and highest car quality meet award (AKA: Da Corvette Crew)
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] - grumpiest cat award, event planning and best snowmobile buddy award
[MENTION=341]sickmint79[/MENTION] - most political and mentally challenging, close second goes out to [MENTION=354]Primalzer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4838]1MEANGT[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION] - for being bad influences and encouraging me to buy the Capri! :rofl:
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] & [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] - tied for best TCG hillbilly awards
[MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] [MENTION=453]Senor Deplorable[/MENTION] - photography and film making which is critical to the community's success
[MENTION=1549]Slolane[/MENTION] - best shit talking award
[MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] - best TCG Tour trouble maker
[MENTION=2449]ilikemtb999[/MENTION] - biggest hippy award
[MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] - on TCG vacation right now, but a damn good friend that has helped on countless builds and garage organization projects. Best MAF plug award! :s00ls:
[MENTION=47]SRT41320[/MENTION] - most eclectic car collection award and best auto-purchase-assist award
[MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3559]School Boy[/MENTION] - most huggable :rofl:
[MENTION=1774]willizm[/MENTION] for his TA build that quickly surpassed my own
[MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] for teaching my son how to properly cuss out kids on xbox
[MENTION=11785]98GrandPrixIraqVet[/MENTION] - Craziest "new guy" to the political threads award
.... I'm missing tons of influential people here, but I've got to cut this off at some point!

Special shout out to the entire [MENTION=669]shockerracing.com[/MENTION] crew! Props to you boys for being active as long as you've been! Your meets never fail to be a good time and the pics and media... well those speak for themselves! :rofl:

Then to the acquisitions that [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] has made over the years - most notably ILGPC and CSVT. You guys have certainly added to TCG and your presence here has been appreciated in my book!

and of course, the best for last:

[MENTION=288]Jack[/MENTION] for his thankless support of this community through his hosting generosity, responsiveness to problems and his friendship over the years.

and

[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], THE fearless leader of The Chicago Garage. For being a great friend over the years who has allowed my bad influence to encourage bad behavior, mocked my poor xbox headset use relentlessly, been around for countless drinking parties and finally for starting, nurturing and supporting this community. Let's keep it going, buddy.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Reserved for additional notes

Dude who ties for "The most selfless of TCG" likes my post which I reserve for additional notes. Special thanks out to [MENTION=70]Smokinhot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1909]utryd2[/MENTION] as two of the biggest hearts on the site, always willing to go out of their way for anyone, any time, any where. Two damn good guys right here!

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Was one of the OG CSVT guys and absolutely loved that site. But as it was dying and members were dropping like flies I embraced the migration to TCG. CSVT was going to be gone one way or another. As a gear head my entire life I do not care what you drive. Just that you are passionate about the scene.

I have made countless new friendships here. People I never knew before moving over to TCG. It has also opened up new opportunities in my life as well as my career. I now work with a few close TCG guys and couldn't be happier where I have ended up. Look forward to many many more years of friendship, laughter, and brotherhood with you guys!!!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
As polarizing and controversial as we all can be at times, i freaking love this place and greatly appreciate those that run this community.

Thank you all!

You all have meant alot to me and challenged my own views on somethings along the way.
Especially when Ive been away from my personal family on deploymemt after deployment or on the otherside of the world.

Best luck for the future ill be honest I think alot of us dont just visit this site we NEED this site.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Here here! Congrats on the milestone to all who have been involved in getting it there. 10 years ago, I may have told you to GFY having origins in ILGPC lol. CGPC 4 life! Anyways, I love getting on this site almost every day. I can attribute my sanity to something here almost daily.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Congrats on 10 years! A huge milestone in forums, most explode with activity and dwindle in posts and participation.

I am very grateful for this forum, I don't participate in social media (aside from forums) so this is my avenue to hear about others and see different things.

Having been a site admin of another forum I know firsthand how difficult it can be to keep a forum alive. Hats off to all those that run it and put in their own personal time. I know how much of a thankless job it can be. :bigthumb:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I've been a part of TCG for eight of its ten years. I was 17 when I joined, just some young punk kid with an F-Body. Now, eight short years and a few vehicles later, I'm now a 25 year old punk kid with yet another F-body.

This community has afforded me a great job through [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION], an awesome home in a great area with a realtor suggestion and tour guide [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION], my hillbilly brothers [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] for countless Hayward adventures as well as [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] to keep the non- conventional motorsports sections alive, etc etc etc... I could go on and on about this community and how you've individually impacted me in more ways than one, and for that, I thank you all.

-Frank

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Started from the bottom now we here
Started from the bottom now my whole team fucking here

I've been here since very early in the forum's life. I've met a ton of friends here who I've come to grow very close to, made even more acquaintances, lived and told some great stories with other members and just generally enjoyed the forum as a whole. From the early days of village tavern hangs, busse woods meet, track days, BP speed shop races, random house parties, boating shenanigans, TCG tour, and listening to all you bad influences. So many great hours and memories spent/made here.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I used to have a screenshot of the PM I got from [MENTION=206]skeezer[/MENTION] on ChicagoVelocity telling me I needed to sign up for TCG. I'm glad I did and only hope one day I'll get the chance to actually meet you fuckers in person.

Job well done [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]. I applaud you Sir.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So much to say but I will keep it short. This is the one place I come to for most of my advise either car related or not. That means something. I have met many good friends because of TCG and have had some great experiences.

Here's to another 10!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info