Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Might only be a one and done show.

In discussing the upcoming series with Deadline at the convention, Lindelof revealed that unlike his work on ABC’s long-running mystery series Lost, he and his writer’s room crafted the nine-episode season as a self-contained story that would have a total resolution.

“Does that mean that there isn’t going to be anymore Watchmen? Not necessarily,” Lindelof said. “Does that mean that I will be working on subsequent seasons of Watchmen? I don’t know is the answer to that question. We designed these nine episodes to be as self-contained as the original 12 issues. We wanted to feel like there was a sense of completeness, to resolve the essential mystery at hand.”

Though he acknowledges the fact there is plenty of potential to keep the series going following the first season, and that it could very well happen should the audience show enough hunger for more, Lindelof describes the first nine episodes as a great enough challenge on their own that he and his crew wanted to ensure they nailed this season before they even started toying with the idea of future ones.

Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/...ntained-one-season-series#EUYbIYqx4CKOl2of.99

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Every movie/show every adapted from a book gets the same criticism.

True, but Ive never seen anything like it when it comes to Watchmen though for some reason. GoT is probably right next to it, but other things Ive never seen people complain nearly as much.

Ive never read the novels, and I thought the movie was ok. Rorschach is probably what makes it for me IMO.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive never read comics or graphic novels actually. :eek: Most of what I know from comics is wiki and others explaining comic story arcs.

I take that back. I read the infinity war comic arc and that was after the movie Infinity War came out. Waaaaaaaaaay different. Movie was better. LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info