• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Vevor air jack

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Anyone have experience with these?

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I don't think mine is a vevor but I've had one like it for a couple of years. It's neat for smaller vehicles but doesn't have enough throw for a lifted truck and don't even think about lifting a diesel with it or it'll pop the blowout valve. I just don't trust it like I do a good hydraulic jack so it mostly sits in the corner collecting dust.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm reading some of the reviews. I ALWAYS read the negative ones TBH. Seems to be a lot of quality issues, wobbliness, and air fitting issues, and when you release pressure, it doesn't come down smoothly and in some cases, will come down abruptly.

Concept seems like a good idea, execution, not so much.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Now that you say that mine would kink sideways and not wanna come down right and when it did it would just drop. I had to put a bigger pop off in it because it kept blowing out and I think I had to change the ball valve in the feed side of it as well

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Interesting. Reading their site now, but some things don't seem to add up. Like 3 tons = 6,600 pounds??
It might be an imperial ton, so this must be from jolly ole England... :D

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, I saw a neighbor doing a brake job in his driveway with one of these on Saturday. Unfortunately, I had to be somewhere so I couldn't stop to chat, but it looked like it was working and even in his driveway with a slight incline, it didn't seem to "lean", so I might be picking one of these up at some point just to have.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Interesting seems like it'd be fine for something you just want to throw a couple jack stands under real quick.
Right, instead of hauling out the bigger equipment, setting things up, etc if you're just getting under to do something quick especially on lower cars like the G8, Caddy or GTO.

One of the reasons I had to specifically get the Daytona long reach, low profile jack was for the Cadillac. It sits low, then the actual subframe mount where you lift it, is quite a ways inboard. So it's a PITA to get it all lined up. This seems like an even easier alternative.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info